Hangout Night 5/17

GotNitro

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are not sitting with us?:002_scry:

I hope you can come say Hi.I cant come to Edgars.

I will busy crawling:laughlol:

That was Friday night cindy. I will be at Edgar's drinking $2 ML thanks to SB! I'll see you in section 384!

To the peeps around me who heard me guessing as to what happened at that play at first with Adam Jones: I was totally right! Adam turned towards second instead of away, so when they tagged him as he came back to the bag, he was technically out. The first base ump missed him making the turn towards second (which is technically making a move to go to second, which is why you're taught to turn right after a ground out and such), called him safe (which is what we saw) and the HP ump saw it and overruled and called him out.

To the peeps around me who heard me guessing as to what happened at that play at first with Adam Jones: I was totally right! Adam turned towards second instead of away, so when they tagged him as he came back to the bag, he was technically out. The first base ump missed him making the turn towards second (which is technically making a move to go to second, which is why you're taught to turn right after a ground out and such), called him safe (which is what we saw) and the HP ump saw it and overruled and called him out.

Actually Wedge, which direction a player turns is irrelevant. It's the umpire's discretion regarding intent. If the ump feels a player made the turn toward second as though he might attempt to advance, then he's within his right to call the batter-runner out.

Actually Wedge, which direction a player turns is irrelevant. It's the umpire's discretion regarding intent. If the ump feels a player made the turn toward second as though he might attempt to advance, then he's within his right to call the batter-runner out.

Really? See, now we need to form up a lynch mob, because there's no way Jones had intent to go to second. I was gonna give the guy benefit of the doubt because of the rule, but that's egregious. Pitchforks and torches for all!

Archived