Ubaldo to start Thursday in place of Tillman

LookitsPuck

Best explanation of all. If UJ has a generous probability of winning at 1/5 and Scherzer 4/5, the probability of the O's winning is 4/25. Over simplification, but some reality too. Why waste anyone else? The only positive (but unlikely) outcome is that he gives 5-6 innings of somewhat respectable ball. He better keep Turner off base, he might steal two bases on one pitch. I always hope for the UJ that can look unhittable...guess that hope is extreme. He is well rested. Good luck UJ.

If Ubaldo beats Scherzer tomorrow, I will once again believe in Orioles Magic.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best explanation of all. If UJ has a generous probability of winning at 1/5 and Scherzer 4/5, the probability of the O's winning is 4/25. Over simplification, but some reality too. Why waste anyone else? The only positive (but unlikely) outcome is that he gives 5-6 innings of somewhat respectable ball. He better keep Turner off base, he might steal two bases on one pitch. I always hope for the UJ that can look unhittable...guess that hope is extreme. He is well rested. Good luck UJ.

The worst case scenario is that Ubaldo only goes 1-2 IP and gets blown out. But it's very realistic.

It's because he's an unmitigated disaster. What do you expect? Sunshine and lollipops? The guy has an ERA over 7 as a starter and near 6 as a reliever. He doesn't go deep into games. He can't be trusted in close games.

But I'm not going to blame Buck. It's not his fault. You can only cut steak so well with butter knives.

What would you say if Ubaldo pitched a good game?

Hopefully, you are not rooting for this outcome.

I would hope not. I am sure he's an O's fan. Just one of the Anti Ubaldo folks. I know the man is not a good pitcher but I believe in supporting him rather than bashing him. Don't believe in bashing. Especially O's players. JIMO

Hopefully, you are not rooting for this outcome.

Why the hell would I root for this outcome? I want the O's to win. I'd like to see Ubaldo not continue to be an albatross. And clearly even if he bombs the organization isn't going to move on from him...so we have to root for him. And he's also a good guy. So he's easy to root for.

If Ubaldo beats Scherzer tomorrow, I will once again believe in Orioles Magic.

My wife and I had a dilemma in 2014. We both work in Harrisburg PA but wanted to see the Orioles clinch the AL East Championship on home field as we were at the wildcard clinching game in 2012 and were robbed of that pleasure then since the guys had to fly to Tampa and Joe Nathan blew the save in Texas.

Ubaldo was scheduled to pitch after stinking most of the year and many of our friends swapped tickets for the next game because Ubaldo was assured of a loss.

We did not want to take that chance so we came down and saw Ubaldo fall behind. To boos. Only to right the ship and become the winning pitcher in the Orioles first AL East Division Champion since 1998. It was worth it.

Miley and Ubaldo going back-to-back in Washington, D.C.? Are the Orioles playing in Ford's Theater?

This man actually witnessed president Lincoln's assassination !!!) :eektf:

In 1956, 96 year-old Samuel J. Seymour appeared on the TV show, I've Got a Secret. Seymour was at Ford's theater when John Wilkes Booth assassinated President Lincoln.

Seymour was 5 years-old at the time.

When it happened, nobody knew exactly what was going on, including Seymour.

Seymour's concern at the time ??? He felt sorry for the poor man who had just jumped off of the balcony, and injured his ankle (again, Seymour had no idea what was going on, hence his reaction of sympathy towards Booth.)

Seymour was from Maryland, and made his home in Baltimore.

He died only 2 months after this show was televised live.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I_iq5yzJ-Dk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

o

I would hope not. I am sure he's an O's fan. Just one of the Anti Ubaldo folks. I know the man is not a good pitcher but I believe in supporting him rather than bashing him. Don't believe in bashing. Especially O's players. JIMO
That's what I believe as well. Ubaldo is an Oriole, so I will support him. I will be happy if he does well and sad if he doesn't do well.

Archived