Bourn and Stubbs in; who goes?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they just need to be in the organization by Aug. 31, not necessarily on the 25-man. I'm not 100% sure, though.

Good ol' Wikipedia says they need to be on the 25-man or replace somebody on the DL. So you could add Bourne (for example) to the 40-man and he would be eligible to replace AJ if he had to go on the DL.

To be eligible for the post-season active roster, a player must have either been on that team's expanded roster or disabled list as of midnight ET on August 31 of that year and not placed on the 60 day disabled list after August 1.[3] The one exception is for replacing players on the disabled list. Any injured player who is eligible for postseason play may be replaced by any player that was on an active or disabled list for either that team or any of its affiliated minor league teams at midnight August 31.[4]

Good ol' Wikipedia says they need to be on the 25-man or replace somebody on the DL. So you could add Bourne (for example) to the 40-man and he would be eligible to replace AJ if he had to go on the DL.

To be eligible for the post-season active roster, a player must have either been on that team's expanded roster or disabled list as of midnight ET on August 31 of that year and not placed on the 60 day disabled list after August 1.[3] The one exception is for replacing players on the disabled list. Any injured player who is eligible for postseason play may be replaced by any player that was on an active or disabled list for either that team or any of its affiliated minor league teams at midnight August 31.[4]

Expanded roster means 40 man. Any player on 40 is eligible. If you are in organization you can replace a player on 60 day DL.

Jones would not have to be on DL for Bourne to be eligible.

Expanded roster means 40 man. Any player on 40 is eligible. If you are in organization you can replace a player on 60 day DL.

Jones would not have to be on DL for Bourne to be eligible.

I mssed the word "expanded" there...but don't rosters expand on Sept 1? So it makes so sense for the rule to be that they have to be on the expanded roster at midnight on Aug. 31. Confused.

I mssed the word "expanded" there...but don't rosters expand on Sept 1? So it makes so sense for the rule to be that they have to be on the expanded roster at midnight on Aug. 31. Confused.

40 man roster exists all the time. There is a 40 man roster right now.

It is very confusing. The Ondrusek and TJ DFA's the last couple of days was confusing. I think I understand the rules pretty good but who knows half the time.

Archived