Pirates shopping McCutchen

isestrex

1 minute ago, oceanicvoyage said:

It seems the pirates are really shopping him now. Lots of coverage on MLBtraderumors.

Would you give up this for McCutchen (is it enough):

Hunter Harvey

Brad Brach

Wade Miley (seems like a player the pirates would magically turn into something good & probably better some a lot of the free agents available.)

Yes I would likely do that trade. Question is how many teams after McCutchen could better that offer. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ven6 said:

Bump.

The shopping is heating up:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/andrew-mccutchen-trade-rumors.html

Would love to add Andrew Mc. What is a realistic offer from the O's?

Dont know but it seems as though the Nats are the primary trade partner with Seattle. Sounds like the Bucs want an OF prospect in return. The O's have a few in the lower levels. 

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd rather have Bundy going forward.

For all the talk of Heyward collapsing McCutchen had a larger drop in rWAR (5.6).

Unlike Heyward, McCutchen has proven to be a great offensive player. This is more of a scouts call. If you can see the problem, and are able to correct it, you might get a great value.

30 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Unlike Heyward, McCutchen has proven to be a great offensive player. This is more of a scouts call. If you can see the problem, and are able to correct it, you might get a great value.

I would tend to doubt anyone is going to get a great value.  Pittsburgh isn't giving McCutchen away, that's for sure.  The Pirates will trade him to the team that overpays the most, IMO.

I watch every pirates game.  I have watched Cutches entire career.  He is not done, he was injured and playing through it last year.  He is not, and never will be the same player he once was, but whoever gets him will get a better player than last year for next two years, a great leader, a good person.  The Orioles would be lucky to get hi, but they don't have the prospects.

6 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I watch every pirates game.  I have watched Cutches entire career.  He is not done, he was injured and playing through it last year.  He is not, and never will be the same player he once was, but whoever gets him will get a better player than last year for next two years, a great leader, a good person.  The Orioles would be lucky to get hi, but they don't have the prospects.

Hey, I agree.  Love the guy.  Has helped me in fantasy for several years.  I'm just saying that whoever gets him is going to pay a hefty price and, for the Orioles at least, I seriously doubt that 2 years (assuming the option is exercised) of McCutchen would be worth what it would cost.  In the Orioles case we aren't very rich in prospects to begin with, so it would be devastating to the future of the team to trade away what it would take to get McCutchen, IMO.  And it still wouldn't ensure a deep playoff run.

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

How are the folks that want McCutchen planning on fitting his 14M salary into the budget?

Easy, trade them back Gallardo.  :P

I'm of the opinion that McCutchen had an outlier last season and would help the team immensely if he were in RF.  But there isn't much feasibility for a trade here.  The Gallardo and especially the Miley deals are rearing their ugly head.

7 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I absolutely agree with everything in this. 

To add to it, though...the Pirates would be very wise to trade him now. Even with his down year, other teams still value him as a superb player. If last year wasn't a fluke (which I firmly believe it was), better to cash him in while his value is still high. Not to mention, they have Marte, Polanco, Bell, and Meadows. They really don't need him. 

Archived