Pirates shopping McCutchen

isestrex

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you want to trade whatever to pick up a guy coming off a breakdown year and move him to another position. While paying him 14 million.

Don't we pick up a guy every year for pretty much nothing, then he turns into God? If it wasn't a Britain, Brock, Mancini, Cisco type of player, then I'm OK with that. Now with that being said, I don't think we'll get him unless we trade more of those kind of players. In which case, I would not want him.

Would you tender a QO to someone who put up a -.6 rWAR season? Would you trade players for the chance?

I don't subscribe to WAR as strict as you do. Also if you would move him to a corner OF spot that could make a difference.

Dexter Fowler's Dwar was up this year. Not like McCutchen is old. He is 30. Would have to listen to your scouts.

I would offer a player with his career a QO unless you think he is physically shot. Sometimes good players have an off year.

Would you tender a QO to someone who put up a -.6 rWAR season? Would you trade players for the chance?

Are there theories about why McCutchen has had such a poor year at age 29? I'm sure lots of teams would bet on him bouncing back. Maybe he's been nursing an injury that has been kept quiet.

Archived