Buck Stuff

ChuckS

The same Edwin who hasn't had a hit off Ubaldo. The same Ubaldo who had a whip under 0.8 in the second half. Yes.

Secondly, don't complain about spending on playoff tickets, you'll get a refund. Lighten up fellas, its baseball. February will be here soon and I guarantee this team will come to compete.

This is incorrect

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supposedly some warehouse guys read this board and I hope they are reading Twitter too.

Buck is a national laughingstock right now. But it's not funny to Orioles fans and it's not a "get 'em next year" scenario. This is unacceptable behavior.

He's getting it from everywhere. ESPN, MLB network, all over twitter... it's bad.

Supposedly some warehouse guys read this board and I hope they are reading Twitter too.

Buck is a national laughingstock right now. But it's not funny to Orioles fans and it's not a "get 'em next year" scenario. This is unacceptable behavior.

You are entitled to spend your money however you want. But I think a manager has to be prepared to live with the outcome following his decisions without second guessing himself (especially in public) when they don't work out. I didn't agree with his decision but he doesn't owe any apology to me or his team.

The Orioles lost a game in extra innings with a reliever who just posted the lowest ERA in the history of baseball still available in the bullpen. Yes the offense stunk tonight but one person deserves the lion's share of the blame for the loss tonight and it's not Adam Jones or Manny Machado or Jonathan Schoop.

So you're not blaming the folks who garnered a whopping 4 hits in 11 innings? Instead you prefer to yammer on about the manager who probably was a little too conservative with the use of his closer?

http://www.bluejaysmessageboard.com/threads/6830-Buck-Showalter-appreciation-thread

Some of the worst managing in postseason history if Britton was available. Indefensible.
Lol, of course he's going to double down now, he won't throw Ubaldo under the bus by saying he should have gone to the best closer in the game over a guy who was a DFA candidate 2 months ago.....
So Buck Showalter just lost a winner-take all elimination game that went 11 innings by deciding to use Ubaldo Jimenez over what might be a top-5 pitcher in the world.
1st and 3rd 1 out, need a double play.

Let's not bring in the greatest groundball pitcher ever.

I'll refrain from criticizing Gibbons for a week out of pure gratitude that the Jays don't have Buck managing them. That's how bad Showalter was in this game.

That decision made Gibbons look like Earl Weaver by comparison.

Thank you, Buck. And man I can't wait to read the Hangout.

At least Britton will be well rested to start the 2017 season.

:angryfire:

He's getting it from everywhere. ESPN, MLB network, all over twitter... it's bad.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clippers are down by 38 to the Warriors at halftime, mainly because Doc Rivers refuses to bring Zach Britton out of the bullpen.</p>— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) <a href="

">October 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bundy was the obvious choice over ubaldo. Hunter was still on the bench, no excuse for not bringing him in when everyone knows ubaldo sucks in relief.

Jiminez is a head case, changing his routine was a sure fire recipe for a meltdown and sure enough, he didn't get a single out.

It was piss poor managing even without considering Britton an option.

Can't argue with a single one of those. They're right, I only wish Buck had done the incredibility obvious move and maybe we'd be moving on. I mean we've been to 3 post seasons in the last 5 years. That's not going to continue in all likelihood, you have to take advantage when you get in.

You are entitled to spend your money however you want. But I think a manager has to be prepared to live with the outcome following his decisions without second guessing himself (especially in public) when they don't work out. I didn't agree with his decision but he doesn't owe any apology to me or his team.

I respectfully disagree.

I know he's never going to apologize publicly, but I really think he does owe the stakeholders an apology. He did not put the team in the best position to win. And this was not a borderline, coin flip decision, he literally failed to play the best player on the team.

Archived