Buck Stuff

ChuckS

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know it's obviously a reactionary post from someone who's either drunk or so frustrated that they cannot see clearly (as evidenced by the double-capital: "BUck" in the title).

That being said, it would be interesting to have a poll in a few days of "confidence" vs. "no confidence" on Buck. I've always been a big fan, but tonight I'm wavering. I think I (and honestly all of us) need a couple of nights of sleep to properly and objectively assess the situation.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Reactionary. Yes. Drunk. No. livid that our players make it again and are let down by poor management. If we were an NFL team he would be out.

So the world is going to ignore the terrible offense that probably wasn't ever going to score again?

They certainly appreciate the deflection.

The offensive offense had 11 innings to do something. They spent the entire time "grinding" - a euphemism for swinging wildly at everything. All the Jays had to do was miss the zone.

I'm sober and clear at this point, and I loathe Jones and his grinders more than ever. The best we can hope for while this offensive core is in place is continued post season futility.

So the world is going to ignore the terrible offense that probably wasn't ever going to score again?

Bingo. This game could've gone 14, 15, 16 innings... I had zero faith that we were going to score. Not only did they only score in 1 of 11 innings, they didn't come close to scoring in any of the others! The Jays were getting base-runners and our pitchers, to their credit, were performing some great Houdini jobs to get out of jams, but I felt like, once we got to the late innings tied up, it was just a matter of time before Toronto pushed a GW-run across... because we sure weren't going to.

Buck said that he thought this was a spot for a 2-inning pitcher and that is what Ubaldo was. It was terrible move but what made it worse was the failure to take Ubaldo out after giving up the first two base hits. At that point you have got to let Britton come in and try to get out of the mess. You owe that to your team.

That's besides the point that this should have been Bundy and not Ubaldo in the first place. Ubaldo is a slow starter. Bundy pitched out of the pen half the year and showed the ability to turn it up in short stints. I love Buck but theres zero justification.

Yeh, it is pretty sad. I disagree with the decision too but calling for him to be fired is craziness. We beat projections 5 straight years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What in the heck good does it to do to beat projections if they get you no where? Yes, it's nice to have a winning record again, but to play this poorly in a game that means so much, it means nothing to me.

I don't know what Gibbons did that was so genius other than sit there and watch his guys win. Our offense did nothing to pressure him into making any decisions at all let alone crucial ones like Buck was forced to make. Our guys couldn't hit or get on base and made life incredibly easy for them. I do agree that it should have been Bundy instead of Ubaldo, though

I'm embarrassed for those who are willing to let something this egregious slide.

And I mean no offense, I think you are a good poster.

Let's wait a few hours to decide on firing the guy who's managed the best record in the AL over the past five seasons. If your pitchforks and torches are still beating on the castle door on Halloween let's talk.

Buck'S biggest mistake managing was made long before the playoffs game. It was is over reliance on his position players. He ran Schoop and Manny into the ground. Several hitters looked physically and mentally out of it. That needs to change next year. Either Buck trusts Flaherty to give him a bunch of productive at bats or he doesn't and the Orioles should go get Sean Rodriguez or the like.

Buck'S biggest mistake managing was made long before the playoffs game. It was is over reliance on his position players. He ran Schoop and Manny into the ground. Several hitters looked physically and mentally out of it. That needs to change next year. Either Buck trusts Flaherty to give him a bunch of productive at bats or he doesn't and the Orioles should go get Sean Rodriguez or the like.

In Spring Training,Buck will have a speech about having to rest his regulars more. Makes the same one every year.

I don't know what Gibbons did that was so genius other than sit there and watch his guys win. Our offense did nothing to pressure him into making any decisions at all let alone crucial ones like Buck was forced to make. Our guys couldn't hit or get on base and made life incredibly easy for them. I do agree that it should have been Bundy instead of Ubaldo, though

He did everything textbook and sat there all game. The less decisions he makes, the better they are. Buck over thinks sometimes and he did just that last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived