2016 World Series (Indians vs. Cubs)

OFFNY

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost every Series there is one team that seems just a little bit off as if getting there was just enough and the other team looks like they all they want to do is keep winning games no matter if it is the Series or not. Cubs are the former and Indians the latter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almost every Series there is one team that seems just a little bit off as if getting there was just enough and the other team looks like they all they want to do is keep winning games no matter if it is the Series or not. Cubs are the former and Indians the latter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe Pos says much the same thing here:

http://joeposnanski.com/game-4/

I am old enough to have watched that series, but that also means that my memory is a bit spotty [emoji1]

I think the next to last out before the Phillies clinched was a very similar foul pop. Catcher Bob Boone had it bounce off his glove and Pete Rose dove in and caught it for the out.

A minute later, with two outs the Philly police lined the warning track with German Shepherds every 10+15 feet around the infield to keep fans from storming the field. Always wondered if Rose would have dove for the ball if there was a police dog right there.

I think the next to last out before the Phillies clinched was a very similar foul pop. Catcher Bob Boone had it bounce off his glove and Pete Rose dove in and caught it for the out.

A minute later, with two outs the Philly police lined the warning track with German Shepherds every 10+15 feet around the infield to keep fans from storming the field. Always wondered if Rose would have dove for the ball if there was a police dog right there.

Ahh yes. I remember the Philly police action, but I had forgotten the play that preceded it.

...three called strike outs for Bauer. I think all on fastballs?

Archived