2016 World Series (Indians vs. Cubs)

OFFNY

Makes no sense to me on any level.

He still isn't someone you trade for pennies on the dollar.

Not like the Cubs can't afford the contract.

I think the chances of them trading him is less than 0.05%. But I wonder if they'll view him as a starter next season. The only way I see it is if they decide to move Baez to center and play Zobrist at second. I don't think that's their best lineup.

Think he opts out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the chances of them trading him is less than 0.05%. But I wonder if they'll view him as a starter next season. The only way I see it is if they decide to move Baez to center and play Zobrist at second. I don't think that's their best lineup.

Think he opts out?

He sure doesn't if he keep putting up years like he did in 2016.

I think he has enough of a track record that he goes into camp as a starter.

Now if you ask me if he has a bad spring if he is in the OD lineup...

He sure doesn't if he keep putting up years like he did in 2016.

I think he has enough of a track record that he goes into camp as a starter.

Now if you ask me if he has a bad spring if he is in the OD lineup...

As a centerfielder? I can't see them benching Baez, Schwarber, or Zobrist for him.

As a centerfielder? I can't see them benching Baez, Schwarber, or Zobrist for him.

I think Maddon is pretty adroit at moving guys around and keeping everyone playing.

I also need to see more before I write off Heyward's offense completely.

Would be close to unprecedented to see a player fall this far this fast this young without serious injuries being part of the equation.

Pitchers' duel.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jake Arrieta has thrown 20 pitches. Eight of them have been strikes.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">October 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bauer's curveball spin is way, way off after one inning: 2514 RPM is his season average, in the first it was 2005 RPM.</p>— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) <a href="

">October 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Both.

Well first off they were right it was a very deep draft.

At one point I was very high on Rendon but I think he been passed by Lindor and Bradley.

I'd probably go with Lindor with age being the determining factor. Bradley would be a better fit for the club since you could put him in Center and move Jones over.

Who'd I forget?

At one point I was very high on Rendon but I think he been passed by Lindor and Bradley.

I'd probably go with Lindor with age being the determining factor. Bradley would be a better fit for the club since you could put him in Center and move Jones over.

Who'd I forget?

Jose Fernandez, Javy Baez, George Springer.

Who'd I forget?

In this game, there is Bauer, Lindor, and Baez.

There is also Sonny Gray and George Springer. Cole, Joe Ross, Panik, Fulmer, Story.

RIP Jose Fernandez

Archived