How much would you be willing to pay for MASN al la carte

atomic

The truth is, if MASN had to be purchased standalone, I'd be willing to pay a lot. I get a lot of pleasure watching the Orioles and my wife would cut the cord on our cable but for the fact that we don't have another (legal) way to get MASN. I'd probably pay $40/month for the season or $300 for the year, if I had to.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two things happen. HBO is allowing them to do a spin off (a muppets show) and HBO agreed to not charge PBS stations for delayed shows.

HBO started the new season in Jan 2016 which gave PBS the chance to show the new season at the start of the school year. So to those who don't have HBO will not have missed anything.

Yeah I don't know why it is tied to the school year as the audience is 2 to 4 age group. I think it is great for everyone. That age group doesn't mind watching the same episodes over and over again. I think we have watched the "Bedtime Routine" episode about 20 times so far. I like the new HBO episodes better than the old ones. They are 1/2 hour long as opposed to an hour. But what they removed was just filler. As my Daughter basically only watches Frozen (Seen 100 times at least) and Sesame Street I am kind of tied to HBO for now.

I guess I'd be willing to pay anything under 40 bucks for MASN because that's what I spend now. I had to upgrade packages to the next highest package with fios to get MASN.

Just give me terps/O's games and HBO, and Showtime and I'd be happy.

Amazon Fire Stick + Kodi - $35

Cut the cord.

I would LOVE if Masn was nothing but reruns of old baseball games..24/7. I assume there is a licensing issue that stops this?

Lots of reruns of "classic" Orioles and Nats games.

Some low level college football and college basketball (not power 5 leagues, maybe stuff like Sun Belt or Atlantic 10).

Lots of poker.

Not really sure... I don't tune to the channel most of the time to see what is on.

Amazon Fire Stick + Kodi - $35

Cut the cord.

Tell me more. What do you get with Kodi? How do you watch baseball? Are you in the region?

I just got hooked up with Sling. I just don't know what I'll do in April yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought MLB was a protected source, and any work around without paying the MLB fees was illegal?

I know Comcast allows me to watch most stuff on my smartphone or tablet, even premium movie channels, but I can't watch live sports.

I thought MLB was a protected source, and any work around without paying the MLB fees was illegal?

I know Comcast allows me to watch most stuff on my smartphone or tablet, even premium movie channels, but I can't watch live sports.

I watched all of the playoff games by streaming through the xfinity app. Just select the Live option, Sports then select the channel you wish to stream. If you subscribe to that channel then you're good to go.

I watched all of the playoff games by streaming through the xfinity app. Just select the Live option, Sports then select the channel you wish to stream. If you subscribe to that channel then you're good to go.

I just upgraded to X1, so I will have to try that again, hadn't tried since the season before, and it wouldn't work.

Thanks

I am cutting the cord this year. Haven't figured out how I am going to watch the Orioles yet. Even with cable is a problem for home games, because I hear the roar of the crowd before I see what happened. I might just listen to home games on the radio if I am going to be home rather than deal with the increased delay caused by unscrupulous streaming options.

Archived