Orioles Offseason Realistic Trade Assets

Aristotelian

I feel like we've had this debate before, with some schmoe named Jim Johnson was our closer a few years ago. I think our BP is strong even without Britton. Brach as the closer, O'day, Givens, Hart and Drake as set up men. Wright is in there somewhere if one of them gets hurt.

Zach Britton is no Jim Johnson.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's a realistic possibility they trade Britton - particularly since his arb number will be in the 11 million area. The area the O's have done particularly well in under Duq is putting together an outstanding bullpen at a relatively low price. Britton's jump to 11 mil seems to go against how Duq likes to allocate funds.
Dan kinda said he won't.

Yeah, you could put Bundy on the list too. So far DD's MO has been to tweak and retool rather than either blow up the team for the future or go all in to win now.
Teams would give up a lot for 3 years of Gausman. In no way am I advocating shopping him, but he fits the criteria.

I don't see us trading either of those guys in any scenario. Young, cheap, good pitching is the rarest commodity in baseball, and it's not like we've got 10 other good young pitchers lined up to replace them.

By the way, we control Gausman for four years, not three.

I don't see us trading either of those guys in any scenario. Young, cheap, good pitching is the rarest commodity in baseball, and it's not like we've got 10 other good young pitchers lined up to replace them.

By the way, we control Gausman for four years, not three.

Didn't realize he was a Super 2. I knew he goes through arbitration this year, so I thought he had three. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's a realistic possibility they trade Britton - particularly since his arb number will be in the 11 million area. The area the O's have done particularly well in under Duq is putting together an outstanding bullpen at a relatively low price. Britton's jump to 11 mil seems to go against how Duq likes to allocate funds.
If I was looking to trade Britton, I'd be looking at the Marlins. They have some nice pitching and OF prospects. And they are eying a CP apparently.

Again folks, this thread is specifically not for discussion of trading Britton or Manny. Looking for pragmatic moves of the sort Duquette has made during his time with the Orioles.

Again folks, this thread is specifically not for discussion of trading Britton or Manny. Looking for pragmatic moves of the sort Duquette has made during his time with the Orioles.

They've been mentioned. Unless they keep getting repeated. DD has made some good moves, but I haven't been impressed with most of them. Trumbo is by far his best. But that is negated by the Parra, Jimenez, and Gallardo moves. I'm not worried about past moves. It's going forward I'm concerned about at this point.

And the thread title suggests it's about offseason trade assets. Britton and Manny are the biggest trade assets.

And the thread title suggests it's about offseason trade assets. Britton and Manny are the biggest trade assets.

The thread title specifies "realistic". The point being, there are already numerous threads where folks have proposed trading Manny and Britton. I am curious to hear pros and cons of trading some of our other assets.

The thread title specifies "realistic". The point being, there are already numerous threads where folks have proposed trading Manny and Britton. I am curious to hear pros and cons of trading some of our other assets.

Dan is not trading Zach. Maybe Manny. I'd be surprised.

Archived