Logan Schafer signed to minor league deal

Snutchy

LS: A scouting report of Logan Schafer would have to start with the glove. I take great pride in taking hits away from people, holding runners from taking the extra base and being able to determine where the ball should be thrown before the pitch. I spend a lot of time working on positioning and getting jumps to give me the best chance to be in on every play.

Offensively I hit more for average than power, but will have occasional power to the gaps. The small game is also a big part of who I am, so controlling the bat is also something I concentrate on quite a bit. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/646293-milwaukee-brewers-prospect-interview-with-logan-schafer

A grinder...from above article:

Logan Schafer: I have never been better than everybody else at baseball. In fact, I was rarely the best player on my team. Baseball has been a passion of mine since i was a little kid playing wiffle ball with my brothers and friends in my backyard. My love for the game has never changed or diminished.

17 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Just filling out Norfolk's roster.  

1B- Washington

LF- Walker

CF- Schafer

RF- Dariel Alvarez(or move to the bullpen)

OF-Yaz

I love Yaz, but the jury is out on him, if he will ever make it as a big leaguer.

Maybe they are not very high on the others in the system.

At this point, we are probably putting too much into this decision. IMO

Archived