Orioles interested in Curtis Granderson? (Heating up with Brach as a target)

Tony-OH

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people are over stating Brach had a bad second half.  He had a bad month of August but seemed to right the ship in September.  Then he had that bad last outing of the season.  He had an ERA of 1.56 going into that last appearance in New York and he was a missed called strike three away from giving up any runs in that inning and before Drake came in and gave up 2 inherited runners up with two on and two out. 

17 hours ago, UpstateNYfan said:

I'd rather get rid of O'Day than Brach. I didn't care for the four year commitment in the contract and feel he will continue to have nagging or more serious injury problems over the next three years. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we've seen his best.

I agree with this, unless we get a huge haul for Zach. When all the dust settles, we might get a massive haul for Zach that we can't turn down. The prices for elite closers is insane and Zach is the best.

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

I think people are over stating Brach had a bad second half.  He had a bad month of August but seemed to right the ship in September.  Then he had that bad last outing of the season.  He had an ERA of 1.56 going into that last appearance in New York and he was a missed called strike three away from giving up any runs in that inning and before Drake came in and gave up 2 inherited runners up with two on and two out. 

Maybe, but I think most of us just think that Brach is a tradeable piece with value where we have some depth. I like Brach, but if he can help us shore a position of need like a good defensive outfielder with decent OBP, then I'm going to pull the trigger.

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Maybe, but I think most of us just think that Brach is a tradeable piece with value where we have some depth. I like Brach, but if he can help us shore a position of need like a good defensive outfielder with decent OBP, then I'm going to pull the trigger.

Could always bring back Hunter or Koji to replace Brach.

6 minutes ago, dan-O said:

Problem for me is the difference in years. You can have Brach for a few years or a 36 yr old OF for 1 year. Surely Brach can land us a younger, more controllable piece than this. 

I understand that line of thinking, but if we can replace Brach with somebody cheaper and potentially as good, and still get a piece that could help us now, I think it's a win-win. Remember, relievers in general are pretty volatile. Maybe it's good to sell high on Brach.

Here is what scares me about the Granderson idea, is the only reason Brach's name is out there because we are trying to attach negative value to positive value to trade away a contract?  Like DD does with the comp picks.  So something like,

Mets get: Brach, Gallardo/Ubaldo

O's get: Granderson, prospect(s)

Archived