Would you consider Ryan Braun?

Dark Helmet

I just don't see the Brewers trading Braun unless they get legitimate prospects in return. I'm also sure they're very familiar with Gallardo and his ever declining velocity since he spent a good chunk of his career in Milwaukee. The only way we get ride of Gallardo or Jimenez is if it's a complete salary dump. No one will give us anything of value for either player. Certainly not someone of Braun's caliber. 

13 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I don't think we would dump both of Gallardo and Jiminez. And would they really want both?

id think he'd be worth 12.25 per year over the 33-37 years seasons for sure. He seems to be doing fine without PEDs.

are they looking to trade him?

He was mentioned as a trade candidate. And Braun commented that it's hard not knowing where he'll be next year. I meant to say Jimenez or Gallardo, but if they'd take both fine lol. I'm sure they would want Mancini over Walker, but start low.

13 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

He was mentioned as a trade candidate. And Braun commented that it's hard not knowing where he'll be next year. I meant to say Jimenez or Gallardo, but if they'd take both fine lol. I'm sure they would want Mancini over Walker, but start low.

For some reason, I thought Gallardo and Jimenez each had 2 years left. I don't know why.

13 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I'm not so sure. Braun is made of glass. He basically set out games every week last season because of lingering injuries. 

If he plays 135 games (avg the last 3 years) hits .300 with a OBP 60 points higher and 25 dingers he still worth every cent.

24 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Gallardo, Jimenez and Christian Walker? You have to be kidding.

He can only be traded to teams on the west coast anyway because of his NTC. 

Make a suggested trade then that isn't a joke. No point keep repeating you think it's a joke otherwise.

48 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

And they would probably hang up the phone. Sure I would trade for Braun, if all the O's are doing is sending them Gallardo or Ubaldo's salary, with Mancini or Walker attached. . Who wouldnt? Unless the Brewers are hemorrhaging cash (the Dodgers and Diamondbacks are both reportedly have cash flow problems) I dont see them trading Braun. Wouldnt the Nats, Blue jays, Yankees Phillies, basically every other big market team want to be in on this? 

19 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

And that's not meant to be rude. What would be fair value for Braun in your opinion.

Perception-wise alone, so their fans dont think they are waving a white flag, the Brewers would want a stud player for him. 

Archived