If Melancon is worth >4/$60mm, what is Zach Britton worth?

Frobby

4 minutes ago, theobird said:

A lot of teams are reported to be asking about Zach Britton. I sure hope that DD is listening.

MLBTR has this to say about the DD radio interview:

There’s a lot of interest in Zach Britton. Personally, I like Zach Britton on our club, but there are teams interested,” Duquette said.  Britton is also due for a hefty arbitration payday ($11.4MM) in the wake of his excellent 2016 season, and there has been speculation that the O’s could sell high on Britton now given the large demand for relief pitching this offseason.  One would think it would take a pretty significant offer to pry Britton out of Baltimore, as Duquette has said both here and in prior interviews that he wants to keep the closer.

2 seasons of Britton.  During our window to win.  A comp pick.  Rather cheap value.  That's going to be tough to beat in any trade.  

Does trading Britton help our chances to win while we have Machado?  

The only deal I've seen on here that makes sense for Britton is a deal with Texas.  Mazara, Y.Mendez, Gallo/Profar.  That's steep, but that's what it would take.  

I love  Britton, but if you can get a premium package for him than you do it. If you really plan to resign him and are willing to pay a premium than trade him and give that same money to Chapman or Jansen--though I am not suggesting this is a good idea.

Archived