Saunders? Seriously??

wildcard

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, weams said:

I had not heard it was done. But it seems to have legs. Chris Cotillo just spouted it at the break on the FAN. 

My understanding from MLBTraderumors was that we turned down one of Granderson or Bruce for one of our top relievers which they assumed meant Brach, Givens or Britton.

Just now, weams said:

I had not heard it was done. But it seems to have legs. Chris Cotillo just spouted it at the break on the FAN. 

Certainly has legs. Rosenthal, Cotillo, and Olney have all said the Mets and Orioles are in discussions. 

Granderson would be a solid short term get. But man I really hate all this short term help without an idea for the future. Trade a nice young RP for an older but solid OF to replace Trumbo. 

If we deal Brach I'd say there's a good chance we hold onto Britton.

9_9

Just now, NCRaven said:

My understanding from MLBTraderumors was that we turned down both Granderson and Bruce for one of our top relievers which they assumed meant Brach, Givens or Britton.

Get the feeling we'd want more in return, can't imagine it'd be a drastic amount though.Seems like there is most definitely still discussions going on regarding a Brach/Granderson deal though.

3 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Get the feeling we'd want more in return, can't imagine it'd be a drastic amount though.Seems like there is most definitely still discussions going on regarding a Brach/Granderson deal though.

I understand this, but I don't think Oliver Drake is ready to step into Givens' role, as he'd be the guy moving up if Brach leaves. 

Just now, MDtransplant757 said:

I understand this, but I don't think Oliver Drake is ready to step into Givens' role, as he'd be the guy moving up if Brach leaves. 

Gotta trade something to get assets in areas of needs. Currently our bullpen is easily our most rock solid and deep group we have.

I'd rather trade Drake, Walker and maybe Tanner Scott or someone like that to get Granderson. 

I'm sure you would lol. You seriously think any team is going to take a package like that for a proven solid OF option? Gotta give to get.

Then who is in O'Day's role then? Asking Britton to go 2 innings almost every save opportunity is a bit crazy. 

O'Day 8th inning, Givens 7th inning. Have multiple arms with upside and we can see who wants 6th inning.

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Brach was a mediocre nobody 2-3 years ago.  Drake has dominated AAA and had a very strong September in Baltimore. I think Givens is ready to take the next step, Drake is ready to emerge and the O's should be converting Wright, Hess, Bridwell, or whoever into their next cheap bullpen option.  

Brach was nobody because he didn't learn the curve which saved his career. Wright should be in the pen at this point. Just have him throw the ball past you and have him use the 2 pitches he uses well. Givens is ready, but the trouble with the righties kind of spooks me. Hart may be another option, and I think Aquinio could be used as a LOOGY. 

Archived