O's talking to Chris Carter

jabba72

3 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

You would be excited to watch a 34 year old with 3 straight replacement level seasons in the lineup?

I certainly wouldn't.

I didn't say I would be excited to get Bourn or would want him for anything other than a 4th or 5th OF and pinch runner. What I said was you know how bad it is being forced to watch your entire offense strikeout when you get excited to see a replacement level, 34-year old Bourn, fight his way through an AB. We need guys who put the ball in play. That's NOT Chris Carter.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If they sign Carter, that will tell you all you need to know about how they feel about Mancini. Carter is not going to RF.

Buck said recently that we weren't going to be spending too much resources on a DH.  Hopefully the only way we sign a DH is if we bring back Pedro.  

12 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

As a one for one replacement for Alvarez and using him as a DH only option on a one or two-year contract, I don't hate this move.  I'd still like to see Ian Desmond in right field.  Good bat and most likely average or better defense.  Expensive, but not crazy money.  Would have to give up the draft pick, but you're not going to get anything comparable for Brad Brach and some minor league suspects.  Then sign Hundley to a two-year deal and make the obligatory Rule 5 pick or two and call it a winter meeting.

I do not see the Orioles giving up a first round draft choice. 

Just now, weams said:

We gave up the pick last year for Gallardo. I sure the hell hope losing a pick wouldn't preclude us from signing Desmond if you can get him on a good contract.

2 minutes ago, weams said:

You may be right, but the pick hasn't stopped us from making moves in the past.  At least Desmond is a legitimate player.  I don't think we have the resources to trade for a comparable player unless you're trading someone like Britton or Bundy.  They don't seem willing to move either of them.

1 minute ago, mskrulz said:

We gave up the pick last year for Gallardo. I sure the hell hope losing a pick wouldn't preclude us from signing Desmond if you can get him on a good contract.

25 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I wouldn't count Bourn out of the running either.

He is fast and bats left. :)

Desmond went to Colorado, 4/70.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Wow. If it's one thing COL has it's outfielders. Are they trading Blackmon and/or Cargo? If they are looking to trade, why would they bring in a veteran at market value?

MLBTR said something about Cargo  maybe moving to first place.

Of course, this makes Parra expendable.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

I wonder if COL will try to pull a 2-for-1 with Trumbo, similar to what the O's wanted to do for Gallardo/Fowler before Fowler fell through. Their first round pick is already gone so there is no additional cost to sign Trumbo.

Not sure there is anymore wiggle room with Colorado and their payroll.

Archived