Trading from our strength (the pen) and what teams we match up with

BohKnows

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Of course that should be our stance publicly.  Doesn't mean we can't still be blown away with a trade offer.  I'd say the Dodgers are really capable of doing that.  They have young guys at the MLB level and a loaded farm system.  They have six players in the top 100 prospects.  

I'm not talking about what DD has said publicly.  As I said, this is what's being reported that  other teams are saying they've been told by the Orioles when they bring up Britton in discussions. 

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

Of course.  I'm always surprised when I see people take DD's offseason interviews at their word.  He's posturing.

I don't like the Dodgers ML players you listed, but they are the team you go after.  If you could get a deal centered around De Leon and Bellinger/Verdugo, I'd be all for it.  You'd need a corresponding move to address RF for 2017 though.

I agree.  For how closers are being valued right now I don't think it's crazy that we could get Puig, De Leon and our pick of Bellinger/4 other top 100 guys.  

I love Britton but that would just be too much everyday value to pass up.  Puig would immediately fill the RF hole.  De Leon is right on the cusp of being ready for the MLB rotation.  Plus we get a top prospect.  The Dodgers would get their shutdown closer while getting rid of Puig and not losing anything from their MLB "win now" team.  That's a ton of value for us.  

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'm not talking about what DD has said publicly.  As I said, this is what's being reported that  other teams are saying they've been told by the Orioles when they bring up Britton in discussions. 

I like a quote DD used several times the last couple of years, when asked about Gausman and Bundy being available or on the no trade list.

He said, everybody is available, he is always willing to listen to offers, but, it going to take a big offer to get him to consider turning loose one of those.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

I like a quote DD used several times the last couple of years, when asked about Gausman and Bundy being available or on the no trade list.

He said, everybody is available, he is always willing to listen to offers, but, it going to take a big offer to get him to consider turning loose one of those.

I'd like to think that's the case.  When a team calls and DD informs them that Britton, or whoever, that the Orioles are very happy with the guy and he isn't on the market, the onus is on the calling team to make a blow-your-socks-off offer to change his mind, IMO.

It's like in fantasy when a guy emails me and wants to know who do I want for so-and-so, I tell him that I'm not looking to trade the guy, and chances are it would take way more than what you want to give up, but feel free to make me an offer.

Archived