Would you trade Brach for E. Rodriguez or Drew Pomeranz?

Dark Helmet

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

A serious response or none at all. Thanks. It was actually talked about on MLB network.

I don't see the Sox trading a SP to a division rival. The Andrew Miller trade a few years ago was a rare exception. Plus, it really doesn't fill their biggest need (OF). If they're going to trade a bullpen arm they need to get an OF. 

In terms of value alone I'd take either SP over Brach. 

Serious enough for you? 

15 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I don't see the Sox trading a SP to a division rival. The Andrew Miller trade a few years ago was a rare exception. Plus, it really doesn't fill their biggest need (OF). If they're going to trade a bullpen arm they need to get an OF. 

In terms of value alone I'd take either SP over Brach. 

Serious enough for you? 

Yes, that was serious enough. Good response. Made up for the previous post. Guess I'll have another beer now.

47 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I doubt the Red Sox are interested in trading either one. You need 7-8 starters to get through a season and that's about what they have now.

Rodriguez is past bloom but to last year's issues. Pomeranz is definitely being shopped or looked at as a bullpen lefty. Yes, I'd do that. No they won't. Davis has real closer value even with his health issues. 

So basically trade a minor league Eduardo Rodriguez for Andrew Miller, then trade Brad Brach to get him back as a more polished (but not quite yet finished product) pitcher a couple of years later? Well, that would be quite a coup. But there's no way the Red Sox are trading either of those guys for Brad Brach. And where did all this comparison of Brach to Wade Davis I'm seeing on here come from? Not even in the same stratosphere. Davis is a luxury item. Brachs are a dime a dozen. Not that he's not a good relief pitcher (although he was quite mediocre after the All-Star break) and doesn't have value, but he's more the kind of guy you might deal for a 30-something outfielder a team with bullpen needs might be wanting to move.

15 minutes ago, weams said:

Rodriguez is past bloom due to last year's issues. Pomeranz is definitely being shopped or looked at as a bullpen lefty. Yes, I'd do that. No they won't. Davis has real closer value even with his health issues. 

Archived