Jose Bautista: Yay or Nay

joew

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Whoa.  You can't disrespect the man!  Yes, his market is going to tumble.  I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to his market. 

BS you can't disrespect him.  I wouldn't even give him a Cruz deal, but some other team that does would be giving him about as much as he deserves at his age and apparent state of decline.

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

False.  The numbers absolutely show that he has been good in right field.  The season in which he was the starter in right field - 2014 - he led the league in total zone runs.  He has never shown poorly in right field - never,  Believe that both Toronto and Seattle decided to play an oaf in center field if you wish, but when you pretend that being below average in center means that he will be horrible in right field, you are way off base.

If you want to keep bringing up 2 years ago, fine. He was bad in the OF last year...period. I don't care what he did in 2014. Defense can decline and his did. He catches balls he gets to,  Kim did that. Doesn't mean he's a great OF. You keep bringing up CF and I didn't. I didn't look at his numbers in CF since he wouldn't be seeing much time there. 

12 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Maybe horrible was extreme. However, when someone says they want an OF with a good OBP and good defense, he's certainly not a good example in my opinion.

How about we just get some good players instead of quantifying how they be good. 

This will be my thirtieth season as an Os fan. Loved every moment.  After last year I've tried to take a step back and not let the team affect my day to day.  Signing Bautista to any contract regardless of length or value would be my breaking point and I can imagine many casual fans feel similarly if not as strongly.  Dude doesn't have a bone in his body that resembles the Oriole Way he's beyond declining and a horse's patoot to round it all out.  I know there's a scenario that makes it make sense but I'd just not even go down that path.  No thanks and we do not wish you well in your future endeavors. 

Archived