Desmond Jennings

ChuckS

37 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

For playing RF in Camden Yards I think being able to pay the scoreboard matters as much (if not more) than having good range or a strong arm.  That was one thing Nick did really well and Trumbo and others have not.  Bruce seems like the kind of guy who has enough instincts/athleticism to play that part of the field well, but I'm just speculating. 

His career dWAR doesn't look good, career -3.6, and only posted a positive number twice in 8 years.

23 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

His career dWAR doesn't look good, career -3.6, and only posted a positive number twice in 8 years.

Would you consider Bourn a good defender in right?  He posted a -0.2 with us.  Bruce was 0.0 in 50 games with the Mets.  I think we can take our chances with him.  Curtis Granderson has also posted negative dWAR in two out of the last three seasons and everyone is clamoring for him because of his defense.  

I'm not a complete slave to the numbers when it comes to dWAR.  Travis Snyder had a positive dWAR number with us and I think we can all agree from watching him play out there that he was no where near a plus defender. 

Bruce has played in RF his whole career and knows what he's doing out there.  It would be a step up from Trumbo and hopefully we would have someone out there in left on most days (Pagan, Jennings, Revere, or the Rule V guy) who could balance the defense out a bit. 

Archived