Cakes for one of Miley/Gallardo/Jiminez

ScGO's

Just now, jabba72 said:

Atlanta has no use for Mancini, they still have Freeman at 1B. I would trade Markakis for Gallardo. but doubt Atlanta would. With the Mets practically trying to give Bruce away, you might as well take his salary instead. 

Jay Bruce reminds me of Parra way to much to even give up one of our trash tier starters for. 

I don't think the O's have enough starting pitching to trade one and not get any back.  I general a team needs at least 7 or 8 starters to get through a season.   The O's have the starting 6 plus Wright,  who Buck says will stay has a starter probably at AAA.  Wilson may work as a long man/occasional spot starter but I don't think there is much evidence that he is a major league starter.   Verrett  numbers don't look like a major league starter.  The other AAA starters don't look like major league starters at think point  - Lee, McFarland, Aquino, and Gunkel.

I just don't think the O's have enough starting depth to trade a starter at this point without getting one in turn.

3 hours ago, dan-O said:

I don't think Atlanta's looking to trade him. They just signed two veteran pitchers, they could sign Wieters, or even Trumbo. I think they are doing that pre-MacPhail thing of fielding a team of iffy veterans hoping to find a winning season. 

I think it is more likely that they make him available at the deadline, if Atlanta is out of contention then.

Archived