Orioles might bring back David Hernandez and Vance Worley

Dark Helmet

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

2015- 4.28 ERA, 4.74 FIP, 1.307 WHIP

2016- 3.84 ERA, 4.32 FIP, 1.5 WHIP

Both years in the National league.

That doesn't scream very solid to me.

If memory serves he got off to a bit of a rough start last season so I think he overall numbers are a bit misleading. I'm not saying he's as good as Brach, just saying that he's a serviceable enough fill in if they can fill other needs by trading Brach. 

7 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

If memory serves he got off to a bit of a rough start last season so I think he overall numbers are a bit misleading. I'm not saying he's as good as Brach, just saying that he's a serviceable enough fill in if they can fill other needs by trading Brach. 

First half.

4.5 ERA, 1.429 WHIP, 16 BB, 11.1 K/9 (42 IP)

Second half:

2.93 ERA, 1.598 WHIP, 16 BB, 8.2 K/9 (30.3 IP)

So higher ERA in the first half but lower WHIP, walk rate and higher K rate.

He looks like a guy.

2 hours ago, terps19 said:

In tough spots Worley was not very good last year.  

Nope, he sure isn't. I said that all last season but they love Worley on here. He's a mop up guy that saves your bullpen and can spot start on occasion, that is all he is.

39 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Nope, he sure isn't. I said that all last season but they love Worley on here. He's a mop up guy that saves your bullpen and can spot start on occasion, that is all he is.

Better than MacFarland, Wilson, or Wright.

Wears the best game glasses on the team!

What's there to be excited about in David Hernandez? He belongs to that generation of O's pitchers that walked too many batters all the time. Runners on board for AL East 3-run homers.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Believe me, I think Hernandez is just bullpen filler, and I only like the proposition if that SP salary is shed and reinvested.  Hernandez could be signed for near minimum and summarily released if he doesn't do well.

13 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Believe me, I think Hernandez is just bullpen filler, and I only like the proposition if that SP salary is shed and reinvested.  Hernandez could be signed for near minimum and summarily released if he doesn't do well.

Sure, if you are just looking at him as a guy.  I would just prefer to fill those slots with guys making the league minimum with options. 

On 12/19/2016 at 11:24 AM, LA2 said:

Better than MacFarland, Wilson, or Wright.

Wears the best game glasses on the team!

What's there to be excited about in David Hernandez? He belongs to that generation of O's pitchers that walked too many batters all the time. Runners on board for AL East 3-run homers.

I still think Wright or Wilson could really put some things together this year.  I'd put more money on Wright than on Wilson though.  

On 12/19/2016 at 0:14 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I was at a game where Hernandez came in and struck out the side on nine pitches.  

But I can't give too much of an endorsement to an NL reliever with a 3.75 FIP.

Archived