Regret

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I think this is the year we start to really regret the SP trades of the past four years.

Rodriguez, Davies, Hader, Brault, Miranda

Over or under on 37 wins?

I thought the regret was instantaneous.

I question how many starts these guys get outside of Davies.  The rest will be fighting for a rotation spot.

I'll put it this way, Ubaldo, Miley, Wright, Wilson, and Verrett will combine for more wins.

42 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I think this is the year we start to really regret the SP trades of the past four years.

The same Miranda that the M's are given Gallardo his starts?  I like Miranda but he's probably a LH reliever.  Only Davies makes 20+ starts this year in the majors.  Ed Rod is always hurt.  Hader got rocked in AAA.  It's hard to regret something that hasn't really come back to bite you yet.  

28 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I question how many starts these guys get outside of Davies.  The rest will be fighting for a rotation spot.

I'll put it this way, Ubaldo, Miley, Wright, Wilson, and Verrett will combine for more wins.

Remorse is the word you want. 

32 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I'd bet on the five we traded away for more wins than that group.  

36 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The same Miranda that the M's are given Gallardo his starts?  I like Miranda but he's probably a LH reliever.  Only Davies makes 20+ starts this year in the majors.  Ed Rod is always hurt.  Hader got rocked in AAA.  It's hard to regret something that hasn't really come back to bite you yet.  

Harder did not get "rocked" at AAA.  This is why you can't just look at ERA. 

He had an 11.5 K/9 and 3.81 FIP.  He also had a .345 BABIP which is far higher than any of his other MiL stops.  He got unlucky and he needs to bring the walks down a little bit, but he certainly didn't get rocked. 

He was a 22 year old pitching in the PCL. 

6 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Harder did not get "rocked" at AAA.  This is why you can't just look at ERA. 

He had an 11.5 K/9 and 3.81 FIP.  He also had a .345 BABIP which is far higher than any of his other MiL stops.  He got unlucky and he needs to bring the walks down a little bit, but he certainly didn't get rocked. 

Also, he was a 22 year old pitching in the PCL. 

Major leagues are hard for pitchers too. 

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'd bet on the five we traded away for more wins than that group.  

It's very likely our group will get 60-70 starts, at least.

I don't know if the other group gets that many.  Besides Davies, the other four are on the outside looking in.

20 minutes ago, weams said:

Major leagues are hard for pitchers too. 

He was pitching in a stadium that is more hitter friendly than Coors Field. I still can't understand why Milwaukee, or any team for that matter, would try to groom their players in such a terrible place.

1 minute ago, Tryptamine said:

He was pitching in a stadium that is more hitter friendly than Coors Field. I still can't understand why Milwaukee, or any team for that matter, would try to groom their players in such a terrible place.

You have to be tough to be a Major Leaguer. For more than a few starts. It's tough. 

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I dont regret trading Rodriguez, not only did Miller help this club almost get to the WS, they kept that arm out of the Tiger's pen.

Archived