Realistic Trade Targets for the Orioles. Make Your Suggestions And/Or Weigh in

wildbillhiccup

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Honestly, I suspect if we acquired Gardner then Kim may get traded. I'm sure Buck wouldn't protest that. I would have liked Kim to be the DH (He still may).

And Trumbo is the everyday RFer or a platoon player?

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I agree. But since a majority of starters are RH, I just went with the lineup against RHP.

Are we a better team with Gardner and no Brach, no Kim?  Or Kim and Brach and no Gardner?  Besides, do you think inter-divisional rivals would even make any trade at all?

1 hour ago, ELMERO said:

Are we a better team with Gardner and no Brach, no Kim?  Or Kim and Brach and no Gardner?  Besides, do you think inter-divisional rivals would even make any trade at all?

I think Brach will regress this year...Maybe alot. Gardner gives us speed and an upgrade on defense. Not sure he's a better hitter than Kim. Gardner may very well be a downgrade compared to Kim on offense. The fact they signed Trumbo to be the everyday DH, and don't appear to be comfortable with Kims defense, may be a signal Kim has no place on the team. Of course, that may not be the case at all.

The Orioles would probably have to overpay to get Gardner. So the chances aren't good a trade would happen most likely. At this point, just keep Brach and sign Pagen already.

4 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I think Brach will regress this year...Maybe alot. Gardner gives us speed and an upgrade on defense. Not sure he's a better hitter than Kim. Gardner may very well be a downgrade compared to Kim on offense. The fact they signed Trumbo to be the everyday DH, and don't appear to be comfortable with Kims defense, may be a signal Kim has no place on the team. Of course, that may not be the case at all.

The Orioles would probably have to overpay to get Gardner. So the chances aren't good a trade would happen most likely. At this point, just keep Brach and sign Pagen already.

Have they actually said that?

I fully expect Trumbo to log way more time in the outfield than I would like.

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I believe you are correct.  Wouldn't it figure that's what Jonesy was talking about.  Trumbo will play a lot of RF and some LF, as well, I'll bet.

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

The Orioles haven't come out and said it, but the media has suggested it. So who knows. But I assume Trumbo only sees time in the OF if a LHP is on the mound. 

13 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Problem is, then who is the DH? Kim? I'd hope they would look at acquiring a RH or atleast a LH that can hold his own against LHP...like Pagan.

I would much rather have an everyday RF who plays good defense rather than Trumbo.

Archived