Realistic Trade Targets for the Orioles. Make Your Suggestions And/Or Weigh in

wildbillhiccup

30 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I agree with you. Just don't know who.

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

I would much rather have an everyday RF who plays good defense rather than Trumbo.

Unfortunately, that scenario closed when Seth Smith was acquired. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mdbdotcom said:

I would agree with you, but don't understand their position.

If you agree with me, then we are on the same page. I did not say that this team was assembled correctly, or even well enough to win. Though the architects of this model certainly have a good track record. 

5 minutes ago, weams said:

If you agree with me, then we are on the same page. I did not say that this team was assembled correctly, or even well enough to win. Though the architects of this model certainly have a good track record. 

We've had a good run, but this team might be just good enough to come up a little short. And the RF situation is baffling. Unless it turns out that Kim can hit LHP, this team is going to be giving away outs when facing a good LOOGY in late-inning situations. Who is going to pinch-hit for Smith if Joey is already in the game, Caleb?

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

We've had a good run, but this team might be just good enough to come up a little short. And the RF situation is baffling. Unless it turns out that Kim can hit LHP, this team is going to be giving away outs when facing a good LOOGY in late-inning situations. Who is going to pinch-hit for Smith if Joey is already in the game, Caleb?

Once you get into the playoffs, win one game and the odds are actually even. Really. Even if the pundits and market makers leverage the popularity and money. 

3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I am not certain that Caleb makes the team.

2 minutes ago, weams said:

I am not certain that Caleb makes the team.

I'm not either, but the problem remains that no one on this bench can hit unless they keep Mancini, and if they keep Mancini they are short a late-inning defender in the outfield (unless Kim faces all pitching).

Just now, mdbdotcom said:

I'm not either, but the problem remains that no one on this bench can hit unless they keep Mancini, and if they keep Mancini they are short a late-inning defender in the outfield (unless Kim faces all pitching).

I believe Bourn replaces Mancini at this point. 

8 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

So, when they send Walker down, they can tell him, "Sorry, we're going with Bourn again, Christian."

A this point I'd prefer to go with the rule 5 guys. Bourn is a flawed older player and Mancini doesn't have value in the outfield.

Archived