Tillman is Back

backwardsk

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

If he does that and Bundy continues to do well, the Orioles might have a chance in the weak AL East. But it may be wishful thinking.

The "weak AL East" has the 2nd best overall record of any division in baseball, and best in the American League.

What makes a guy fall off a cliff like this? Do people really think he's done at 29 years old? 

In my opinion, Tillman is a bounce back candidate. He got a late start to the year, clearly is not sharp and that sucks for us and him. Barring injury that just ends it all, I think it would be a mistake to think he has little chance of bouncing back at this stage. He's only 29, he isn't mid 30's. 

Again, especially if the shoulder is not to blame. He says it's not, and we've seen his velocity fluctuate before. We've also seen him be effective at this velocity, albeit it's better when he's mid 90's (first half of last year). 

His arm slot looks off, imo. i could be wrong, but i thought he threw more over the top in the past. His curveball today didn't have the 12-6 break, i remember in the past. It was more like a frisbee.

Big start for Tillman tonight.  We're 1.5 GB behind TB for the 2nd WC spot.  2 out of 3 would be real nice here.  Keep the momentum going.  Britton will be back Tuesday.  That shortens the game a little.  

I'm going with the proven loser theory that Tillman is "Due."

o

15 OUTS: 5 Strikeouts, 5 Lineouts, 1 Groundout (Including 1 Double Play), 1 Popout, 1 Foulout, 1 Flyout

CHRISTOPHER STEVETILLMAN )))))) (vs. D-RAYS, 6/30)

IP:lllllllllll 5 - PLUS

H:lllllllllllll )(1 Home Run,Singles) ll

R:llllllllll  2

BB:lllllll 2

SO:lllll ll5

Pitches: l)  92 )(57 )Strikes, )35 )Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 7.90

2017 WHIP: l) 2.143  )  49.00 Innings  (105 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .362  )   79 for 218

PITCHES BY INNING

13 lll(81 llStrikesll 51  llBalls)

19 lll(13 llStrikesll 61  llBalls)

17 lll(12 llStrikesll 51  llBalls)

13 lll(11 llStrikesll 21  llBalls)

16 lll(10 llStrikesll 61  llBalls)

14 lll(31 llStrikesll 11  ..lBalls) ) *

* ) Tillman did record any outs before departing in the 6th inning.

o

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

15 OUTS: 5 Strikeouts, 5 Lineouts, 1 Groundout (Including 1 Double Play), 1 Popout, 1 Foulout, 1 Flyout

CHRISTOPHER STEVETILLMAN )))))) (vs. D-RAYS, 6/30)

IP:lllllllllll 5 - PLUS

H:lllllllllllll )(1 Home Run,Singles) ll

R:llllllllll  2

BB:lllllll 2

SO:lllll ll5

Pitches: l)  92 )(57 )Strikes, )35 )Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 7.90

2017 WHIP: l) 2.143  )  49.00 Innings  (105 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .362  )   79 for 218

PITCHES BY INNING

13 lll(81 llStrikesll 51  llBalls)

19 lll(13 llStrikesll 61  llBalls)

17 lll(12 llStrikesll 51  llBalls)

13 lll(11 llStrikesll 21  llBalls)

16 lll(10 llStrikesll 61  llBalls)

14 lll(31 llStrikesll 11  ..lBalls) ) *

* ) Tillman did record any outs before departing in the 6th inning.

o

o

Tillman appeared to show a mild improvement in this outing, although that is not necessarily saying much.

o

9 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I don't think Tillman is really getting any better, just lucky.  He allowed 7 hits and 2 walks in 5 plus innings for a 1.80 WHIP.  He can't seem to make pitches when he has to. 

Baby steps, man! He clearly had nothing left in the tank in the sixth inning (the 2 walks and a single without getting an out), but the first five were very encouraging. That's 6 hits and 0 walks over five innings =

8 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Rather do bullpen by committee today. Tillman is batting practice and hope is gone by 7/31.

Damn you're negative. Missed the point. I was saying are we doing that cool thing and letting have like 8 straight days with his family instead of making him fly to Minnesota.

Ungrateful fans. Tillman pitched hurt a good portion of last year including the WC game. He was a team player. He could have went on the DL last year and had surgery. Now his FA chances are nothing. 

Archived