Joey Rickard

weams

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I know maybe calling up Joey Rickard won't get people excited but he is red hot with 3 more hits tonight.  Someone posted on here at worse he is a younger better version of Gentry.  You have to do something.  

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mullins. He could be a spark plug. 

I have no problem with that.  Craig Gentry as a backup outfielder on a winning team is fine but at this point you have to take a chance with someone that may have a future.

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mullins. He could be a spark plug. 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd settle for an actual center fielder.

I think the speed in CF would be a tremendous upgrade. But I have doubts that he would be a "spark plug" offensively. Guessing his rookie year OBP would be @ .300. Maybe lower.

And I don't need to be reminded of the current OBP's of the roster.

7 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I have no problem with that.  Craig Gentry as a backup outfielder on a winning team is fine but at this point you have to take a chance with someone that may have a future.

Gentry does so much that he’s the type of guy that you slot into the 9 spot and hope he hits .230. Who on the team besides him can even lay down a sac bunt?  The guy plays great COF defense. Has 6 stolen bases. Fastest and best base runner on the team. He sticks out like a sore thumb. 

Gentry is far from our problem. Our problem is that Tillman, the bullpen, Beckham, Davis, Rasmus, Joseph, and Santander have been terrible. That’s too much to overcome. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Gentry does so much that he’s the type of guy that you slot into the 9 spot and hope he hits .230. Who on the team besides him can even lay down a sac bunt?  The guy plays great COF defense. Has 6 stolen bases. Fastest and best base runner on the team. He sticks out like a sore thumb. 

Gentry is far from our problem. Our problem is that Tillman, the bullpen, Beckham, Davis, Rasmus, Joseph, and Santander have been terrible. That’s too much to overcome. 

Can't Mullins hit 230 and steal a base or two, lay down a bunt?  Maybe do a little better.  I agree he isn't the only problem but the other guys you mentioned with the exception of Santander have had some kind of real success in a major league lineup.  

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Your corner outfielders have to hit.

9 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Can't Mullins hit 230 and steal a base or two, lay down a bunt?  Maybe do a little better.  I agree he isn't the only problem but the other guys you mentioned with the exception of Santander have had some kind of real success in a major league lineup.  

They’re done. Let’s face it, we’re married to Santander for another 20 days. Then the RF carousel goes to the next guy. Rickard. 

I’d leave Mullins, Hays, Stewart, Santander in the minors till after the trade deadline and let them develop. 

If you want changes I’d call up Rickard and Corban Joseph. Trumbo will be back soon. Then I’d scour the milb for 3B & COF types that have opt outs and want playing time. 

On the pitching side I’d bite the bullet and send down Castro to develop as a SP. He could still get around 20 starts in the minors this year If need be. Again, I’d scour the milb for Ps with opt outs or waiver wire guys to take his place. 

Archived