My fearless prediction

Frobby

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fearless prediction: The O's will finish the year with the best winning percentage in the MLB. By a tiny amount (like 1 game). 

Prediction #2: Despite temporarily losing control over having the best winning percentage in the MLB on several occasions throughout the season, the O's will have spent more days in possession of the best winning percentage in the MLB than any other MLB team in 2017.

Go O's! Win, baby, win!

• 8 months later...
On 4/2/2017 at 6:49 PM, RZNJ said:

My fearless prediction is that Anthony Santander is kept and the roster casualty that makes that possible is Kim.

On 4/2/2017 at 7:05 PM, Tony-OH said:

Now that's fearless... lol

In an odd way, this prediction wasn’t far off.    We did keep Santander, but parked him in Sarasota for most of the summer.    Then we traded Kim on July 28 and called up Santander on August 16.     

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

In an odd way, this prediction wasn’t far off.    We did keep Santander, but parked him in Sarasota for most of the summer.    Then we traded Kim on July 28 and called up Santander on August 16.     

The dates don’t sync up by design. The Orioles needed plausible deniability.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Sure, but it wasn't going to happen out of spring training after the year Kim had the year before.

2 hours ago, gtman55 said:

My three fearless and depressing predictions ...

O's will finish 74-88 with Manny playing SS.

Our starting pitching will be the leagues worst.

Davis will lead the league in strikeouts. 

Re: Manny: the Orioles will not trade him and try to convince the fans that having him play for the Orioles this year is superior to trading him for assets that can help the Orioles for several years.

Re: the starting pitching: the Orioles will try to convince the fans that competition brings out the best in everyone, and that Wright/Ynoa/Castro/Cortes etc. were more than satisfactory to comprise the final 2-3 spots in the rotation.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Sure, but it wasn't going to happen out of spring training after the year Kim had the year before.

Right, and I didn’t mean to imply otherwise.    It’s just interesting that eventually, Santander did sort of take Kim’s spot (though technically, Rickard was optioned so that Santander could have the spot).

3 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Prediction. The O's will acquire two mid rotation SP who combine for 25+ QS, Davis and Trumbo will combine for 60 HR and 170 RBI, Manny will be in the top 5 for MVP. and Bundy will be in the running for CY. They will finish above .500.

And I thought I had the only delusional prediction.

My fearless prediction:  

For Immediate Release:

Manny Machado is signed as SS for Life by new Oriole GM Brady Anderson.  In an unusual twist of fate, Oriole owner Peter Angelos passes away after choking on baklava at the signing ceremony.  In an even more bizarre twist, Angelos' Will reveals that the Orioles ownership will pass to his sons providing that all decisions regarding the team are approved by two of the following three people:  Buck Showalter, Rick Dempsey and Syd Thrift.  When it is revealed that the Will has no provision to replace Thrift, who passed away in 2006 (Ironic since the Will is dated 2012), Showalter and Dempsey immediately begin media campaigns to discredit the other.  Anderson is known to favor Showalter, but is unwilling to comment after Dempsey is found lifeless in a car outside OPACY.  In a final I can't believe this is happening moment, Showalter fires Anderson and names himself GM as well as Manager essentially obtaining full authoritative control of the franchise.

The Fighting Showalters, run of World Series Championships is stopped 11 years later by the Amazing Mets in 7 games.

Well at least that's how I see it.

Archived