Ubaldo Jimenez Today, 2017

OFFNY

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Buck said "We'll see." About something happening with Ubaldo. Also said "There are a couple guys you could say that about."  About making moves. 

I'm guessing he's talking about Ubaldo and Kim. I'm hoping. 

Get rid of them. 8 man pen. Aquino to the rotation. 

I thought the couple of guys comment was referring to a couple of guys that could be called up to pitch.  

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I thought the couple of guys comment was referring to a couple of guys that could be called up to pitch.  

Nope. The female reporter asked if they could make a move with Ubaldo.  Buck said something like "It's easier to say that after a rough night...but there are a couple guys you say that about."

The male reporter, Roch, asked possibly the dumbest question possible. Basically asked a convoluted question about how we could get creative to find a guy in the organization to basically pitch. So of course Buck mentioned there were guys at all 6-7 affiliates that he checked the box scores on. I think Roch was hinting at Tanner Scott, but just come out and say it. They are so terrified of Buck. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Buck said "We'll see." About something happening with Ubaldo. Also said "There are a couple guys you could say that about."  About making moves. 

I'm guessing he's talking about Ubaldo and Kim. I'm hoping. 

Get rid of them. 8 man pen. Aquino to the rotation. 

Kim isn't the problem. Miley and Ubaldo are.

I was at the game and thought it was kind of atypical for Ubaldo.   He only walked one batter and, to my recollection, wasn't behind in the count much.   He went after hitters, and they hit him hard at times, but they also had a fair number of hits that weren't hit well and found a hole.    When the three-run homer was hit in the first inning, I was shocked to see the ball carry over the fence.   It looked like a routine fly ball off the bat.

On the flip side, the O's made pretty good contact off Fiers at times, but hit a ton of at 'em balls.   

I'm not saying this to imply that Ubaldo should keep his job.   I'm just saying that to me, it wasn't a typical Ubaldo game.   

o

78% of the outs that Jimenez Garcia recorded (14 out of 18) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

18 OUTS: )  9 Strikeouts, 4 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 1 Foulout, 1 Popout, 1 Flyout, 1 Lineout

UBALDJIMENEZ GARCIA  )))))) (vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/26)

IP:lllll 6

H:lllllll 3))l (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 1 Single)

R:lllllll 2

BB:lllll2

SO:llll 9

Pitches: l) 99 )(62 )Strikes, )37 )Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 6.93 

2017 WHIP: l) 1.561)  98.67 IP (154 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG:  .276 )  108 for 391

PITCHES BY INNING

*****************l

21 ll(11 llStrikes, l.101 lllBalls)

14 ll(10 llStrikes, llll 41 lllBalls)

13 lll(10 llStrikes, lll  31 lllBalls)

15 lll(10 llStrikes, lll  51 lllBalls)

16 lll(10 lllStrikes, lll  61 lllBalls)

20 lll(11 lllStrikes, lll  91 llllBalls)

o

o

21 OUTS: )  6 Strikeouts, 5 Flyouts, 4 Groundouts (Including 2 Double Plays), 4 Popouts

UBALDJIMENEZ GARCIA  )))))) (vs. ROYALS, 7/31)

IP:lllll 7

H:lllllll 5))l (3 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:lllllll 1

BB:lllll2

SO:lllll6

Pitches: l) 100 )(61 )Strikes, )39 )Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 6.56 

2017 WHIP: l) 1.524)  105.67 IP (161 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG:  .272 )  113 for 415

PITCHES BY INNING

*****************l

18 ll(12 llStrikes, lll 61 lllBalls)

15 lll(10 llStrikes, ll51 lllBalls)

11 lll(61 llStrikes, l 51 lllBalls)

15 lll(81 llStrikes, l 71 lllBalls)

12 lll(10 lllStrikes, ll  21 lllBalls)

14 lll(81 lllStrikes, ll  61 lllBalls)

15 llll(71 lllStrikes, ll  81 llllBalls)

o

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

For the first time all year, two straight excellent outings from Ubaldo.    Hot streak coming?  

It's likely fool's gold, but he's done it before.  I don't think it will happen but would be happy to be proven wrong.

Archived