Chris "Mad Dod" Russo on the Orioles

OFFNY

Hard to argue with what he is saying. If we can somehow manage to come out of this 8 game road trip above .500, then we are going to be sitting really pretty. 15/18 at home immediately following it, where I think it would be safe to assume we could win 8-10 of the 15 games.

Even if we drop 2/3 in Houston, that would put us with a record of something like 38-20, which means we would only need to play a little better than .500 the rest of the year to win the division. 

1 hour ago, baltimoreO's22 said:

Hard to argue with what he is saying. If we can somehow manage to come out of this 8 game road trip above .500, then we are going to be sitting really pretty. 15/18 at home immediately following it, where I think it would be safe to assume we could win 8-10 of the 15 games.

Even if we drop 2/3 in Houston, that would put us with a record of something like 38-20, which means we would only need to play a little better than .500 the rest of the year to win the division. 

Just remember, we were 47-30 last June 29 and then went 42-43 the rest of the way (and it took a good September to do that).     I think July and August will tell the tale when it comes to the division title.   

19 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Nothing said here was truly insightful. If you follow the Orioles, you know all these things. I found it frantic and inarticulate. But thats just me..and thats todays media...

o

Not everybody follows the Orioles.

In fact, most hardcore (and casual) baseball fans DO NOT follow the Orioles. They usually follow their favorite team and the 4 other teams within their own division much more closely than they do the remaining 25 Major League teams up until the start of the postseason.

The main board is for Orioles-related topics, including what the rest of the national media thinks of them, not just what Roch Kubatko, Edaurdo Encino, Peter Schmuck, and Steve Melewski think of them.

o

On MLB Network Radio today, one of the hosts was saying if he is the Orioles, he is getting greedy. Said he would be all in and the only trades they should be making this year are ones to get them to the Series this year. The time is now. Part of the reason is that he thinks the Os will make the biggest offer they've ever made to Machado and he still won't sign. 

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Nothing said here was truly insightful. If you follow the Orioles you know all these things. I found it frantic and inarticulate. But thats just me..and thats todays media...

Frantic, inarticulate, and ill informed are all solid descriptions of everything I've ever seen or heard from Russo.

13 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Nothing said here was truly insightful. If you follow the Orioles you know all these things. I found it frantic and inarticulate. But thats just me..and thats todays media...

He didn't write the article for O's fans Roy. Chris Russo is a well known sportscaster, talk show host and sports writer that has been around forever. He is old school, so i don't get your comment about "that's today's media".

14 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Russo is very frantic, is constantly gesturing with his hands and has a heavy NY accent.     With all that said, the guy knows baseball.   I've seen him interview Dan or Buck several times and he asks very knowledgeable questions.    And he went more in depth in his analysis of the Orioles in that clip than we usually hear from national sportscasters.    That isn't a show for people who root for the Orioles, it's a national show, and for him to show that level of knowledge is impressive.    

43 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Russo is very frantic, is constantly gesturing with his hands and has a heavy NY accent.     With all that said, the guy knows baseball.   I've seen him interview Dan or Buck several times and he asks very knowledgeable questions.    And he went more in depth in his analysis of the Orioles in that clip than we usually hear from national sportscasters.    That isn't a show for people who root for the Orioles, it's a national show, and for him to show that level of knowledge is impressive.    

I've heard him go on a rant about how overrated Mike Trout was. He called him a "nice little player" but said he isn't that great. He said he wasn't even one of the best players in the game. I've also heard him go on a similar rant about Joey Votto, saying he's never been that good and has absolutely no idea why he got star money when he was never a star.

I've heard at least a dozen terrible Hall of Fame and steroid takes from him throughout the years. Including one where he essentially called the entire 2017 class a disaster and implied it ruins the entire hall and all future classes.

He's bad, so bad in fact that his show was the only thing I ever turned off baseball radio for the entire time I had Sirius/XM.

3 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

I've heard him go on a rant about how overrated Mike Trout was. He called him a "nice little player" but said he isn't that great. He said he wasn't even one of the best players in the game. I've also heard him go on a similar rant about Joey Votto, saying he's never been that good and has absolutely no idea why he got star money when he was never a star.

I've heard at least a dozen terrible Hall of Fame and steroid takes from him throughout the years. Including one where he essentially called the entire 2017 class a disaster and implied it ruins the entire hall and all future classes.

He's bad, so bad in fact that his show was the only thing I ever turned off baseball radio for the entire time I had Sirius/XM.

My only exposure to him has been whenever someone has posted an Orioles-related clip on here.   I've never watched/heard his show.    I find that he is knowledgeable about our team.   I'll take your word for it on the rest of it.

Archived