Randolph Gassaway promoted

Legend_Of_Joey

On 5/17/2017 at 11:26 PM, Ruzious said:

I like that Hays appeared to take it well that Gassaway got the promotion rather than him.  Hays goes right out and hits a homer and a double.  (I'm not saying Hays should be upset - he shouldn't - but I can see how it might bother someone in that position.)

12 hours ago, Jagwar said:

It's not possible that Hays didn't take it well but still went right out and hit a homer and a double?:noidea:

12 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Atleast he didn't punch a wall.

Maybe the easy explanation here is that he'll be able to continue to play every day in CF this way?

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Gassaway is back in Frederick.  Looks like it was just a "need" promotion.  His .498 OPS over 9 games didn't help though.  Gotta think he's behind Hays for a promotion now.   

Mullins is also about to return. Could be clearing space.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Well hope its for Mullins.  As much as I want to root for a CCBC alum, I don't want him blocking actual prospects.  

It wasn't for Mullins. Davis and Kemp were on the DL. Davis got healthy so they needed a roster spot.

Whenever Mullins gets back, they will need a spot. It could come at Jay Gonzalez's expense, Nathans being sent to Aberdeen, or, depending what happens with Alvarez in Norfolk the next few days, someone could go up to Norfolk (Rosa possibly.)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Gassaway's having an interesting night defensively -- he's thrown out two runners at the plate, and also has a throwing error.

He's got a good arm, just needs some accuracy work. I could see him being much better next season if he works on the throws during the off season.

Archived