vs. Yankees 5/30 at Home

weams

Just now, SteveA said:

I suspect that in spring training, surgery was an option and he would miss most or all of the season with it.   Obviously the Orioles didn't want that because it's the last year before free agency, and he probably didn't because it would prevent him from being able to hit it big in the free agent market this offseason.

So a mutual decision was probably made to see if he could gut it out with rehab and avoid the surgery.  

And it doesn't appear to be working.   Don't know how long a leash there is but I suspect they may have to explore the surgery option again before too long, which would end his season and probably his Oriole career.

So maybe he comes back and pitches well afterwards, probably on a 1 year make good contract somewhere.

Agree that's where this is headed.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

So if we can't develop prospects.  Why is everyone in a hurry to get a bunch of prospects? 

If you trade for MLB ready prospects, you don't have to develop them. Plenty out there are blocked, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So if we can't develop prospects.  Why is everyone in a hurry to get a bunch of prospects? 

We need to draft higher and don't miss. When your owner doesn't allow International signings and you win it isn't a good formula. 

Just now, birdwatcher55 said:

I don't see a reload happening. Need to blow it up and that will be an Angelos Family decision if that happens.

I've already detailed what the team could look like after a Manny trade.  The team doesn't have to go into a 4-5 year crater, and IMO, they shouldn't.

1 minute ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Sorry to be THAT guy, but this is getting old.

Do you think players like him grow on trees? He turns 25 in July. Sorry I believe in his talent. Not going to apologize for that.  I know it is hard to watch.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

Do you think players like him grow on trees? He turns 25 in July. Sorry I believe in his talent. Not going to apologize for that.  I know it is hard to watch.  

I believe in his talent, which is exactly why they need to trade him if they don't think they can resign him, because other MLB clubs probably believe in his talent too.

Archived