vs. Yankees 5/30 at Home

weams

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

Well yeah - the statement starts with "if the Orioles fall apart" and by that I mean flop this year and going forward.  I don't think they do that.  If they look bad come the trade deadline there will be moves made to reload for 2018.

We can win with 3/5ths of a rotation.  Heck at one point last year we have Ubaldo, Wright and Wilson all in the rotation together.  We just need our offense to be like that and have blow ZERO saves.  

3 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

The run the bullpen had was quite impressive and against the norm.

I'm not willing to talk about it in the past tense.   The losing streak gave O'Day and Brach a chance to recover from early overuse and they looked great yesterday.   We also have some other possibly promising pieces.   IF Britton can come back in July, I think we can still have a top pen in the 2nd half.

Just now, TouchemAll said:

I am sorry to say, but I think we've seen Tillman's best days. His stuff looks severely degraded and couple that with the loss of velocity and you get what you see.

Kinda reminds you of Yovani Gallardo.

I just don't know where the answers are coming from. Miley and Bundy have given us everything we can ask for. Obviously KG needs to and can get better. The pen isn't as good as we all know. Manny will get going but will there be enough help? A team with a thin margin for error.  

1 minute ago, TouchemAll said:

I am sorry to say, but I think we've seen Tillman's best days. His stuff looks severely degraded and couple that with the loss of velocity and you get what you see.

I suspect that in spring training, surgery was an option and he would miss most or all of the season with it.   Obviously the Orioles didn't want that because it's the last year before free agency, and he probably didn't because it would prevent him from being able to hit it big in the free agent market this offseason.

So a mutual decision was probably made to see if he could gut it out with rehab and avoid the surgery.  

And it doesn't appear to be working.   Don't know how long a leash there is but I suspect they may have to explore the surgery option again before too long, which would end his season and probably his Oriole career.

So maybe he comes back and pitches well afterwards, probably on a 1 year make good contract somewhere.

Archived