Is it time to try Yacabonis?

Legend_Of_Joey

Guy has been nearly lights out in Norfolk this season, one of the only consistent pitchers there. He could be a much needed stable bullpen piece. Yes, he is a right and has been used as the closer, but you can use him in a Givens or Brach role while Britton is out.

Yacabonis seems pretty lucky. I don't think I've ever heard his name mentioned by Buck in any of the 60 post game press conferences where he's been asked about bullpen options. That tells me he might just be a AAA reliever that is getting really lucky. 

It could be Tanner Scott time. He hasn't pitched since 6/2. Tomorrow is probably his normal day to start. At this point he could give you anywhere between 1-9 outs. 

I just don't know how we would get him up here. Send down Wright. That would suck because he's looked so good. But we need a fresh arm. I don't see what else we can do. 

50 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yacabonis seems pretty lucky. I don't think I've ever heard his name mentioned by Buck in any of the 60 post game press conferences where he's been asked about bullpen options. That tells me he might just be a AAA reliever that is getting really lucky. 

It could be Tanner Scott time. He hasn't pitched since 6/2. Tomorrow is probably his normal day to start. At this point he could give you anywhere between 1-9 outs. 

I just don't know how we would get him up here. Send down Wright. That would suck because he's looked so good. But we need a fresh arm. I don't see what else we can do. 

If Yacabonis was left handed, he'd already be here.

He was in Bowie last year and had a solid season, then went to the Arizona Fall League. He had a solid outing there too, but was overshadowed by Crichton having a scoreless streak up until the last week of the season. Now, Yacabonis is having a great season in Norfolk. They might view him as a closer and trade bait, which is why they haven't brought him up. There is an open 40 spot, so...

I think it is Yacabonis time.   Especially with O'Day out.  Buck said they are not adding a pitcher today but it shouldn't be long.   

Jackson gets a couple of more tries because they just spent 1.5m on him.    Crichton can be optioned any time.

Long shouldn't be too far behind Yacabonis.   Scott has a ways to go to be ready.  He is still starting for 3 innings.  He needs to transition to the late innings before he sees the majors.   

Archived