Fahey up, Knott down (!)

Hank Scorpio

Wrong. Pittsburgh was ahead of us in the "waiver line" and we never had a chance to claim him.

I thought the rule was that ALL AL teams first(since he was waived by an AL team), then all NL teams.

So that would mean the O's did pass on him, right?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 pages and not one rational explanation of this move.

We need to find out who made this roster move because my respect for their intelligence just went down.

What? you didnt like my sac bunt explanation? :D

This has got to be about the fact that they are going to try to play Gibbons continuously to showcase him in hopes he gets hot and they can trade him. Meanwhile, they want Knott to play until they can get him back up here. Gibbons has looked much better at the plate so maybe they are hoping they can get him hot and trade him.

If Fahey gets more than 15 at bats over the next two weeks, I'm going to be livid.

Even so, FAHEY??? He'd be useless even if there was a spot for him, we have two better clones ahead of him already. They might as well have brought up Doyne.

I can't think of a more senseless move. It's a waste of a roster space, pure and simple.

Wow...everyone getting worked up over a call-up/demotion in what is supposed to be yet another lost season.

I intend to quote this post to you the next time you show a shred of emotion over anything that goes on the rest of the season. CPat forgot to run home on another wild pitch? Oh well, just another lost season.

I intend to quote this post to you the next time you show a shred of emotion over anything that goes on the rest of the season. CPat forgot to run home on another wild pitch? Oh well, just another lost season.

Roberts went 6-6 with 4 doubles, 3 stolen bases and 2 home runs?

Meh. Wake me up when we're in the playoff hunt

Wow...everyone getting worked up over a call-up/demotion in what is supposed to be yet another lost season.

Yes we are....because it's another decision which, on the surface, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. My question would be....who made the decision? Was it the FO?....if so, why? I would seriously doubt that Trembley would have requested the move.

It just shows how bad our MiL really is, at least at the AAA level, if this is the best they could do.

Yes we are....because it's another decision which, on the surface, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. My question would be....who made the decision? Was it the FO?....if so, why? I would seriously doubt that Trembley would have requested the move.

It just shows how bad our MiL really is, at least at the AAA level, if this is the best they could do.

Yeah, memo to minor leaguers: a .220 ba will get you to the bigs.

Wrong. Pittsburgh was ahead of us in the "waiver line" and we never had a chance to claim him.
Wrong. We hoped he could claim waivers so then NY could offer him back to us and we'd assign him to Norfolk. If we had claimed him on waivers, the Orioles would have been forced to put him on the 25 man roster.

Trembley has just lost some of my respect. This is an example of why we need a change, especially within the coaching staff. This team would rather go with someone with whom they're familiar, even though they would be of no use, then go with soemone that has the slightest risk associated with them.

Other than this, the only logical reason I could give for bringing up Fahey is that they have given up on trying to get more power in the line up and they want to go to more small ball, pitching, defense, stolen bases, pinch runners, etc. OK OK I know it's a bad explanation but it's the only one I could come up with.

Trembley has just lost some of my respect. This is an example of why we need a change especially within the coaching staff. This team would rather go with someone with whom they're familiar, even though they would be of no use, then go with soemone that has the slightest risk associated with them.

Other than this, the only logical reason I could give for bringing up Fahey is that they have given up on trying to get more power in the line up and they want to go to more small ball. Pitching, defense, stolen bases, pinch runners, etc. OK OK I know it's a bad explanation but it's the only one I could come up with.

Did I miss something.....this was Trembley's call? I find that hard to believe.

Archived