Coco Crisp is a piece of --

ChaosLex

I think any punch movements will be treated as punches in the eyes of MLB.

Doubly so since Crisp was pinned to the ground. I'm still kinda laughing that Navarro Rock Bottomed Crisp to the ground.

Also, did anybody catch during the 'waning moments' Navarro angrily stripping his chest pad off and obviously looking for Crisp again?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He better! He made a manageable situation worse, than BRAGGED about it.

And was Iwamura throwing real punches, or throwing punches with his glove hand? You never see any good angles of it, and the still picture you can see he's hitting Crisp with his glove.

The thing of this all is, I'm sure the Red Sox won't miss Crisp nearly as much as TB is going to miss Gomes/Crawford for the duration of their suspensions.

I think any punch movements will be treated as punches in the eyes of MLB.

Doubly so since Crisp was pinned to the ground. I'm still kinda laughing that Navarro Rock Bottomed Crisp to the ground.

Also, did anybody catch during the 'waning moments' Navarro angrily stripping his chest pad off and obviously looking for Crisp again?

I caught that, and gurantee he was setting him up for the Stone Cold stunner.

The thing of this all is, I'm sure the Red Sox won't miss Crisp nearly as much as TB is going to miss Gomes/Crawford for the duration of their suspensions.

I agree, but that could depend on how long Jacoby is out.

The Rays made one mistake...the slammed Crisp onto his back. Should've put him face-first into the mound dirt, and then played drums on his kidneys for a while. Let's see how much he feels like a tough guy when he's p***ing blood for the duration of his suspension.

I realize that's an extreme position, but Crisp's charge was clearly premeditated, and uncalled for. He's made himself a marked man now, and should be expecting to get the living crap beaten out of him (within the confines of the game) every time he tries to slide against the Rays.

So if someone charges the mound it is 1 (+ whoever is on base) v 9?

What should have happen is Francona should have said Coco your going to get hit. Take it like a man and lets get this thing past us.

In an interview, Crisp said he knew he was going to get hit and thanked Shields for hitting him in the leg and not the head. Yet he still charged the mound. Of course then he was like, "well he avoided my head with the ball but he went right after it with a punch."

The things he said during the game will probably let him see a pitch between the eyes at some point this season.

In an interview, Crisp said he knew he was going to get hit and thanked Shields for hitting him in the leg and not the head. Yet he still charged the mound. Of course then he was like, "well he avoided my head with the ball but he went right after it with a punch."

The things he said during the game will probably let him see a pitch between the eyes at some point this season.

You have to be a really sick pitcher to throw at someone's head. Even if the player is Coco.

Seriously, if David Ortiz was there they wouldn't have done that.

Haha... I seriously doubt that. It takes Ortiz 10 seconds just to get up the dugout steps these days. Ortiz is waay too slow to make a difference in a fight like that.

This kind of thing is perfectly acceptable strategy.

In 1895!

What's next, Crisp sitting in the dugout with a file, sharpening his spikes to a razor's edge? Getting Mike Lowell to grab the runner's belt when he's tagging up on a sac fly? Cutting from first to third without bothering with second? Fistfights with the ump?

It isn't Iwamura, it isn't 2nd basemen in general. They are like 90% of the time the smallest players on the field. ;)

Isn't that the way of it though? I highly doubt you'd ever see slides like that if it was A. Pujols, R. Howard or P. Fielder waiting there w/ the ball. ;)

Archived