Ticket Pricing

Going Underground

On 6/29/2017 at 2:48 PM, Going Underground said:

All teams do it. Just look at the Orioles against the Tigers in August. Friday is a  Classic game. Saturday is a Prime game. Sunday is a Select game. Saturday is a Prime game because it is a Jonathan Schoop bobblehead. Using group ticket pricing,an Upper deck ticket goes from $14.00 to $24.00. Using C to P pricing. Lower box goes from $34.00 to $53.00.  So you are paying extra for the giveaway. So it is not really a free promotion. It has an upcharge.

Not complaining about the Orioles charging premium for the Cubs.More about the Nationals against the Cubs.Charging premium prices against the Cubs during the week.Seemed to backfire with low attendance. They go to Nationals Park every year.More the Orioles charging $10.00 to $20.00 or more for a supposed free promotion. 

19 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Not complaining about the Orioles charging premium for the Cubs.More about the Nationals against the Cubs.Charging premium prices against the Cubs during the week.Seemed to backfire with low attendance. They go to Nationals Park every year.More the Orioles charging $10.00 to $20.00 or more for a supposed free promotion. 

And the Orioles charge extra for NY and Boston during the week usually. Last September vs Boston was an embarrassment.

On 7/15/2017 at 0:28 PM, Going Underground said:

34,000 or so yesterday. Looks like about 38,000 tonight.Tomorrow looks about lows 30,000's at best.

I was at today's game.I would say about 40% or more Cubs fans.Not sure about the prior two days.Did not draw more then the Jayys on Sunday with the kids day.36,000 on one Sunday 

42 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I was at today's game.I would say about 40% or more Cubs fans.Not sure about the prior two days.Did not draw more then the Jayys on Sunday with the kids day.36,000 on one Sunday 

I was there Friday and it was pretty even, though the Cubs fans were by far louder than the Orioles fans.

11 hours ago, Going Underground said:

That's why they are doing it. To milk the fans that they know will travel.

Archived