What Will The Orioles Do With Wade Miley?

PressBoxOnline

25 minutes ago, Mitch Connor said:

We have needed an upgrade to our rotation since Dan got here, and what has he done to address this issue? 

When he got here, he signed Chen, signed Gonzalez and traded for Hammel.    Then he traded for Joe Saunders in August.     All excellent moves.     But pretty much nothing he's done since then had any useful impact.   

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

It is kinda sad that someone with a 5.13 FIP can be seen as a huge upgrade.  I'm not at all sure that Miranda is actually good.

I doubt he is good. Plus pitching in a better environment, that said Miley has been a disappointment. 

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

When he got here, he signed Chen, signed Gonzalez and traded for Hammel.    Then he traded for Joe Saunders in August.     All excellent moves.     But pretty much nothing he's done since then had any useful impact.   

Right, he hit on a bunch early on and has basically whiffed since. I didn't mind in general what he gave up it is what we got back. 

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd just like to say Fister has had two starts, gone 11 innings and has a WHIP of 1.545.  And that is with a K rate of 9.0.

I'm not convinced that Fister would have been the answer either.  But given how bad the O's rotation has been, Dan should have been exploring every possible angle to bring in options.  

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Excellent may be pushing it. They were all bottom of the rotation pieces.

14 minutes ago, Mitch Connor said:

They were far from excellent, but they weren't bottom of the rotation either. I don't think you actually followed the 2012 and 2014 seasons closely.

39 minutes ago, LA2 said:

They were far from excellent, but they weren't bottom of the rotation either. I don't think you actually followed the 2012 and 2014 seasons closely.

At best they were #3 starters for our rotation. Most other contenders they would have been 4 or 5. I'm just saying Dan has never got us a real 1 or 2.

8 minutes ago, Mitch Connor said:

At best they were #3 starters for our rotation. Most other contenders they would have been 4 or 5. I'm just saying Dan has never got us a real 1 or 2.

How in the world in the AL East can Dan find a true number 1 unless he is drafted? Cashman didn't find CC Sabathia, the Steinbrenner's wallet did. 

1 hour ago, Mitch Connor said:

Chen was above average for 4 seasons and so was Miguel for close to 3 full seasons and were dirt cheap. Without those two, 2012 and 2014 never happen. Those were the best and most important moves in the DD era.  

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

How in the world in the AL East can Dan find a true number 1 unless he is drafted? Cashman didn't find CC Sabathia, the Steinbrenner's wallet did. 

Chen was above average for 4 seasons and so was Miguel for close to 3 full seasons and were dirt cheap. Without those two, 2012 and 2014 never happen. Those were the best and most important moves in the DD era.  

He may have been able to find one thru trading, except our minor league system lacks trade chips.

8 minutes ago, Mitch Connor said:

He may have been able to find one thru trading, except our minor league system lacks trade chips.

You are correct, no question that is another way.  He gets no help from his owner.  

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

You are correct, no question that is another way.  He gets no help from his owner.  

He has a near $170m payroll that has gone up every year since Duquette has been the GM. Can we stop the Angelos bashing re: payroll. This team is Duquette's mess.

Archived