MLB Host Flores: "Orioles Need a Complete Rebuild..."

MemorialStadKid

6 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Why not keep Groome and Devers and get Moustakas?

Because Manny is much better and you have all the money in the world to sign the best 3B in baseball (imo) for 10 years. You hope for prospects like Groome to develop to get guys like Manny. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a list of top pitching prospects, guys in or around the top 100, for teams who are in the playoff race

NL East:

Nationals- Erick Fedde

NL Central-

Brewers- Josh Hader,Luis Ortiz,Brandon Woodruff,Phil Bickford,Corbin Burnes

Cubs- Dylan Cease,Jose Albertos

Cardinals- Luke Weaver, Jack Flaherty, Sandy Alcantara,Dakota Hudson

NL West

Colorado- Riley Pint

LAD- Yadier Alvarez,Mitchell White,Walker Buehler

Arizona-  Anthony Banda, Jon Duplantier

AL East

Red Sox- Jason Groome

Yankees- Chance Adams, Domingo Acevedo,James Kaprelian,Justus Sheffield

Rays- Brent Honeywell,Jose De Leon

AL Central-

Cleveland- Tristan McKenzie

KC- Josh Staumont

AL West-

Astros- Francis Martes, Forrest Whitley, Franklin Perez, David Paulino

Just now, Tryptamine said:

Here's a list of top pitching prospects, guys in or around the top 100, for teams who are in the playoff race

NL East:

Nationals- Erick Fedde

NL Central-

NL West

Colorado- Riley Pint

AL East

Red Sox- Jason Groome

AL Central-

KC- Josh Staumont

AL West-

Yanks and Astros only have 4. Great. ☹️

1 minute ago, Cumberbundy said:

Yanks and Astros only have 4. Great. ☹️

I mean there are other good pitchers that I didn't list.  It's just that if I spent long enough on that list to mention all the guys with some current helium and what not, it would become a much larger project then I feel like tackling

2 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

I mean there are other good pitchers that I didn't list.  It's just that if I spent long enough on that list to mention all the guys with some current helium and what not, it would become a much larger project then I feel like tackling

Slightly off topic:  Do you think Col would trade Rodgers and/or Pint for Britton and Brach?

12 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Because Manny is much better and you have all the money in the world to sign the best 3B in baseball (imo) for 10 years. You hope for prospects like Groome to develop to get guys like Manny. 

Just because (hypothetically) the Red Sox traded for him, doesn't mean he'll extend with them.  I mean, he's "lost mad respect" for the Red Sox. ?

I think Rodgers is one of the special talents in the minor leagues like Vlad Jr, Bo Bichette, Juan Soto, Kyle Tucker, Eloy Jiminez,Rafael Devers,(maybe Yordan Alvarez) that if those guys aren't totally off limits, they'd only be available for major blockbusters like top of the rotation pitchers.

14 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

NL East:

Nationals- Erick Fedde

NL Central-

NL West

Colorado- Riley Pint

AL East

Red Sox- Jason Groome

AL Central-

KC- Josh Staumont

AL West-

Not to mention that teams like the yankees, red sox, and Astros have numerous position prospects in the high minors that could help the orioles. Then they could spend on starters.

2 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

I think Rodgers is one of the special talents in the minor leagues like Vlad Jr, Bo Bichette, Juan Soto, Kyle Tucker, Eloy Jiminez,Rafael Devers,(maybe Yordan Alvarez) that if those guys aren't totally off limits, they'd only be available for major blockbusters like top of the rotation pitchers.

You like Soto better than Robles?  I think they extend Harper, but man, they have Eaton and then Robles, Stevenson, and Soto.  That's a lot of talent.

Once Britton proves himself healthy, and assuming BAL and WSH can't work things out, I'd like to see Orioles move Britton for Yordan Alvarez and Franklin Perez. Baltimore might have to kick something else in, but damn that would be a nice return. A 19 year old with a 2.98 ERA in A+ and kid who turned 20 last week and is freshly promoted to A+ after putting up a .360/.468/.658 line in A ball.

7 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

I may have made my point poorly, I was just having a sarcastic laugh at the embarrassment of riches. You providing that information is part of what makes this the best sports forum on the Internet. The knowledge of so many posters, the amount of work and information shared by Tony & Weams, the fact that someone knows something about everyone to ever wear a jersey, the passion of the Frob, the willingness to debate all things by guys like CoC, the scouting reports of Joey, the knowledge of SF, the fact that someone can ask for the top pitching prospects in contenders and you'll provide it ...there is a healthy bit of ego here, an abundance of knowledge, nearly incomprehensible love of a team and people interacting on every O's talented topic, with no political nonsense, all day every day. This place is uniquely outstanding. 

5 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Just because (hypothetically) the Red Sox traded for him, doesn't mean he'll extend with them.  I mean, he's "lost mad respect" for the Red Sox. ?

If we pulled off the trade and sign Manny would have his number retired while wearing it. 

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

You like Soto better than Robles?  I think they extend Harper, but man, they have Eaton and then Robles, Stevenson, and Soto.  That's a lot of talent.

Robles is a true 5 tool stud and I'd still give him the lean, but man an 18 year old putting up a .360/.427/.523 line at A and he's striking out less than 10% of the time? That has all the making of a super star bat, maybe even more.

51 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

He is better than Frazier and Moustakas.  Agreed.  But if you are the Red Sox, do you give up your top 5 prospects for 1.5 years of Machado, or would you give up your number 5 and 10 prospects for a few months of Moustakas and keep Devers and Groome?  Or in other words, if the Orioles were buyers, would you give up Sisco, Harvey, Akin, and Hays for Quintana or would you trade Hays and Dietz for Cobb.

You do to win two World Series.Yes.

Archived