MLB Host Flores: "Orioles Need a Complete Rebuild..."

MemorialStadKid

This guy is making a ton of sense. 

Per MLB host Robert Flores: 

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/07/11/mlb-networks-robert-flores-says-orioles-need-to-rebuild/

“The starting pitching is bad, and here is more bad news for the Orioles and their fans. They are in what I think is the worst position right now in baseball, they aren’t a very good team and they’re not a terrible team. They’re just kind of in the middle.  This is a team that needs a rebuild. I think they should seriously consider trading Zach Britton and Manny Machado for starters. But if you’re going to make those kind of moves, then the organization has to be on the same page. they have to have the same philosophy and the decision making process has to be on point. and it’s common knowledge that Showalter and Duqeutte don’t always see eye to eye."

Nothing new but I've lost all hope for 2017. We had a good ride, now we need to reload somehow and stop ignoring the international draft. 

MSK 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MemorialStadKid said:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/07/11/mlb-networks-robert-flores-says-orioles-need-to-rebuild/

Nothing new but I've lost all hope for 2017. We had a good ride, now we need to reload somehow and stop ignoring the international draft. 

MSK 

I don't think ownership sees eye to eye with DD and Buck. 

7 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Who?  I want names.

You ain't getting them from me.  I have no intention of scouring prospect lists. 

In the past, to include the recent past, well regarded pitching prospects have been traded by teams in playoff contention.

No reason to assume that it could not happen in the future.

Just now, Frobby said:

The Nats gave up Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez to get Adam Eaton this offseason.   

Sure.  I want to know who the contenders have.  

BTW, what would be the board's reaction if we traded Manny for the number 3 (ish) prospect, and then 6-7 months later they aren't in the top 70?

39 minutes ago, MemorialStadKid said:

MSK 

I agree. Trade everyone if the Os are 7 under  .500 at the deadline. 

2 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Sure.  I want to know who the contenders have.  

BTW, what would be the board's reaction if we traded Manny for the number 3 (ish) prospect, and then 6-7 months later they aren't in the top 70?

Folks would be pretty unhappy.

What would the board's reaction be if the O's are not contenders next year and Manny walks in free agency and all the O's get is a draft pick?

26 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

So who are these SP that contending teams are going to give up?  It's easy to say that, harder to identify and develop.

The Nationals traded Robbie Ray for Fister a few years back...

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Folks would be pretty unhappy.

What would the board's reaction be if the O's are not contenders next year and Manny walks in free agency and all the O's get is a draft pick?

People will bitch about it.  Even if that comp pick becomes a HOFer.

5 minutes ago, weams said:

The Nationals traded Robbie Ray for Fister a few years back...

I guess I haven't been clear.  I completely understand that pitchers, even HOFers like John Smoltz, are acquired for established players.  I want to know who the pitching prospects are that contenders have that we should get.

I think it's hard enough to identify teams that will trade for 1.5 years of Machado when guys like Moustakas and Frazier likely available.

I'm in the camp of trading Machado if the right deal comes along. You can move him in the offseason if a long term deal can't be worked out and still get a nice return. Worst case scenario is that you get a 5 WAR player in 2018. 

Britton and Brach (particularly) are the ones I'd really like to see moved this trade deadline.  Britton has to prove his health over the next few weeks, but Brach is a must-sell.  

Archived