Heyman: Dodgers interested in Britton

Luke-OH

Just now, Frobby said:

Gaaah!    I'm not saying you're wrong, but that whole line of logic is just stupid.     This team needs to maximize its return on any asset it trades.    If the Nats offer the best value -- and that's fairly likely, given their lousy bullpen -- then that's who you trade with.    

Agree 100 percent that it's a stupid thing to do but I have a feeling Angelos would do it. IMO you trade with who gives you the best value regardless of who it is. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Agree 100 percent that it's a stupid thing to do but I have a feeling Angelos would do it. IMO you trade with who gives you the best value regardless of who it is. 

Even if you don't trade with Washington, you give LAD every indication that you will  so they increase their offer.

1 hour ago, phillyOs119 said:

Britton's value just isn't as high. Three reasons...

1. Control - Britton is controlled for the rest of this year and 2018, where Quintana is controllable through 2020

2. Contract - Britton is making 11.4m this year and will probably get a raise next year in arb., Quintana is making 6m this year, 8.8m next year, 10.5m in 2019, and 10.5m in 2020

3. Health questions

If the control and contract were the same, and he was healthy then I'd say Britton would have comparable value given the importance of shutdown relievers in the postseason.

Pretty good points. I'll have to rethink my position.

28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Gaaah!    I'm not saying you're wrong, but that whole line of logic is just stupid.     This team needs to maximize its return on any asset it trades.    If the Nats offer the best value -- and that's fairly likely, given their lousy bullpen -- then that's who you trade with.    

Even if the O's won't deal with the Nats, do you think they'd entertain offers to leverage against the Dodgers? 

25 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

DD can't be reached on the phone... the O's won't trade anyone from 25 man roster.... pick up a washed up vet or two looking to rebound

Is there any doubt how this plays out.... it happens every year

We've never been in quite this position since Duquette got here.    The case for a rebuild is obviously much stronger than in any previous season.

7 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I am still high on Willie Calhoun fromthe dodgers  as a prospect.  He could play thirdbase as he is at 2nd now but seems to be getting to big to play there but has plenty of arm strength to move to third base.

I like Calhoun too. For me, Buehler is a must have and either Calhoun or Verdugo

The good thing is that there will be a lot of competition on the trade market for elite bullpen arms, so that can only help maximize the return.

I really like a Buehler/Calhoun package from the Dodgers. Both are near ML ready and Calhoun is probably better suited for 3B or LF, both positions of need. If you can get Robles or Soto from the Nats could you also get Kieboom or Stevenson also? Not sure they would add Fedde to a deal for either.

8 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

My main problem with the Nationals is that other then Fedde their top prospects are far away. 

Obviously I want guys close, but lets be honest...Machado, Jones, etc. are likely on the outs after next year anyway. We are in a tough spot with Davis's contract. We probably aren't getting back to a playoff contender for at least a couple/few years.

Archived