Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You are confident that Schoop can handle SS full time?

I think he's coachable and has the arm to make up for bad routes he may take. 

The problem the Dodgers have is that you can only have a 9 players in the lineup at once. Only 25 on a roster. Who cares if they win 110 games and have a plethora of assets if they don't make it out of the first round?  

Trading for Britton could put them over the top in the playoffs. It could also make us better right away as well. Guess that's what happens when you've spent 200 million on the MLB team and another 50-75 million in the international market. They could field a B team that could win the AL WC. 

21 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

A note on MLBTR said that a team had asked the Dodgers about Verdugo and they said it would be tough to move him. I would assume that team is the Orioles.

Good.  I'm glad we are asking for him.  

27 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

A note on MLBTR said that a team had asked the Dodgers about Verdugo and they said it would be tough to move him. I would assume that team is the Orioles.

I think that the Dodgers would give up Verdugo in a Britton deal in a heartbeat.  Pretty sure they were talking about San Diego asking for Verdugo plus for Hand, as has been reported.

34 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Even earlier, over the weekend I think, The Padres were asking for Verdugo. No dice said Dodgers. 

" Heyman and Robert Murray report that San Diego asked Los Angeles for top prospect Alex Verdugo in return, though there’s “no likelihood” of L.A. meeting that price."

Padres were looking to move Brad Hand.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/trade-rumblings-darvish-marlins-starters-tigers-astros-iglesias-hand.html

50 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This could be hilarious. We trade Britton to LA for Buehler, Calhoun, and Stewart. We fix the rotation and solve the hole at SS by having Calhoun play 2nd and Schoop play SS. 

Calhoun isn't playing 2B in the MLB.

I get the notion that the O's should target whatever players have the most value but if it is anything but SP prospects then it's pointless. There is no help in sight on the farm, the two SP that were supposed to anchor the rotation have turned out to be mediocre at best (though I'll admit there's still upside in youth), and there without a shadow of a doubt will be no major SP FA signings in the near future after the Jimenez/Gallardo debacles. The only hope is to trade for some SP prospects and hope they are okay.  Getting a good hitter will do nothing to make this team compete. The pitching is atrociously bad and all of the focus needs to be there IMO.

Archived