Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ISU94 said:

I mean, this is also causing there to be less and less teams needy for RP's too. Obviously these aren't guys like Britton as Britton is an elite closer, but I'd rather get out ahead if we want to deal guys like Brach, O'Day (not sure what we get with his contract though), etc.

O'Day is not tradeable. Think Randall K Myers after San Diego claimed him. 

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I haven't seen anything yet that would make me trade Britton.  And Brach is not a throw-in.

As in Britton hasn't looked good or the packages are not enough? 

And yeah Brach is worth a top 100 prospect on his own.

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I haven't seen anything yet that would make me trade Britton.  And Brach is not a throw-in.

Top 30 prospect and a top 80 prospect is a great start and should be close to getting a deal with Britton done. I'd likely want a bit better 3rd prospect than that guy proposed, but I'm not sure how that deal isn't interesting to you. Alvarez and Calhoun would be a great get.

The other packages I didn't like much though. Jordan Sheffield I like but he's going to need a lot of work and likely destined for the pen. Verdugo is great but it's not enough with him.

That first package is pretty good though if we could get a bit more high upside guy then Rhame.

14 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Packages not good enough.

Are we talking about a specific article, or a specific post? Because there've probably been 10,000 potential Britton trades discussed on this board.

If we're talking Dodgers, who are you asking for?

6 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Are we talking about a specific article, or a specific post? Because there've probably been 10,000 potential Britton trades discussed on this board.

If we're talking Dodgers, who are you asking for?

The article from the Dodgers site that was just posted I believe is what he's talking about. Shows three different potential packages they could see happening.

5 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I'd take the first package. I'd see if they could get Brock Stewart somehow. I don't see how he can crack the dodgers rotation. 

Yes on Stewart.  I'd prefer Buehler to Alvarez, and if we're giving up both, I'd want him to headline.

I'd start with Buehler, Verdugo, Stewart, and Dustin May (19 yo, 6'6).

Sheffield and Sborz don't get me excited.

Houston has a good system too.

Archived