Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pheasants said:

Maybe DD insisted on a starting pitcher along with the top outfielder, and we get Liriano and Fischer or the other one.

This would be a terrible deal for us! No way they should have any interest in Liriano....Whitley is the guy and Tucker if you must have an outfielder although I like Moran

Just now, ScottieBaseball said:

I forgot about Rodriguez, but Schoop is really the only international guy in my recent memory who's been a contributor at the big league level.  If it's a budget issue and not an actual scouting issue, I'll certainly take your word for it.  

It used to be a scouting and budget issue, but more of a budgetting issue now. Then again, Maduro should be the Director of Internatial Scouting, but that's a DD buddy position.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

What's wrong with their international scouting, especially in Latin america? With very little budget, Calvin Maduro was able to sign Schoop and Eduardo Rodriguez and could have gotten a few really big stars who ended up signing for big money into the system if he had some money.

Jomar Reyes and Ofelky Peralta.  They might not turn out to be anything but they did have really good seasons last year in Delmarava at 19.  

I think we've signed one guy in Latin America since 2014 that was over 100k.  

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Jomar Reyes and Ofelky Peralta.  They might not turn out to be anything but they did have really good seasons last year in Delmarava at 19.  

I think we've signed one guy in Latin America since 2014 that was over 100k.  

Those are the one tool kind of guys you get for 300K or less down there. Schoop happened to be one that really took off after signing.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

It used to be a scouting and budget issue, but more of a budgetting issue now. Then again, Maduro should be the Director of Internatial Scouting, but that's a DD buddy position.

I've been out of the loop for a few years and I don't think I ever met or spoke with Maduro.  It says a lot to me that you're speaking so highly of him, Tony.  It gives me one more thing to be PO'd at this organization about, though.  LOL

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Which would not be a huge surprise.

So Brady could be pulling a Rick Dempsey move, second guessing / undermining the GM to Peter?  Imagine that conversation later with Dan and Buck - I decided to disapprove because Brady told me to do so?

Archived