Santander

OriolesMagic83

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Geez!  No team is playing service time games with a rule V player.

We did it to Rickard last year to leave him with 2 years and 120 days of service time (just below the super 2 cutoff).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

Santander was returned to Norfolk and that was the right move.    Smith is in left, Mancini in right, Davis at 1B and Nunez at DH.  There is not place for Santander to get  at bats.   Santander also has a service time issue until the end of the month.

He could be back for a another stay if Mancini goes to the IL (Hyde said Trey's hand was barking after first game per Gary T and Roch).

Hyde on Mancini: “I think his finger’s still a little sore and he’s not all the way there. But he swung the bat aggressively, looked a little rusty. When you have a finger, you’re thinking about it also. So he’s not in there for the second game and he’ll get a day off tomorrow.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/05/orioles-overcome-early-defensive-miscues-for-5-4-win.html

Edited by bobmc
Cray Trey

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Geez!  No team is playing service time games with a rule V player.

If the O's think Santander will be part of their next contending team they should be concerned about service time.  He has  over a  year of service time at age 24.  He would be a free agent at 30 if the don't get the 7th season.   All they have to do in keep him in the minors for another 30 days to get that extra years before free agency.

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

He could be back for a another stay if Mancini goes to the IL (Hyde said Trey's hand was barking after first game per Gary T and Roch).

Hyde on Mancini: “I think his finger’s still a little sore and he’s not all the way there. But he swung the bat aggressively, looked a little rusty. When you have a finger, you’re thinking about it also. So he’s not in there for the second game and he’ll get a day off tomorrow.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/05/orioles-overcome-early-defensive-miscues-for-5-4-win.html

So...put the guy on the 10-day IL.   The success of this season doesn't depend on Trey Mancini...so let the guy heal.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

So...put the guy on the 10-day IL.   The success of this season doesn't depend on Trey Mancini...so let the guy heal.

The IL strategies so far have been weird. Guys either not placed on it or rushed off it. Not sure why that is.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think Rickard was the person that sent himself to AAA by his lack of production, as he batted .152 with 10 strikeouts in 33 at-bats

Rickard was 13 for his last 41 with 7 extra base hits when he was sent down in the middle of August.

16 minutes ago, EricK said:

Rickard was 13 for his last 41 with 7 extra base hits when he was sent down in the middle of August.

who did they bring up? I dont remember.

I wonder if this was a move to see what they had at AAA for next year?

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

If the O's think Santander will be part of their next contending team they should be concerned about service time.  He has  over a  year of service time at age 24.  He would be a free agent at 30 if the don't get the 7th season.   All they have to do in keep him in the minors for another 30 days to get that extra years before free agency.

No, just no.

You don't worry about the seventh year with a 30 year old rule V guy.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No, just no.

Have to agree here. They aren't concerned about Santader's service time. If he turns into a late-20s Steve Pearce/Luke Scott type for a year or two, I think we'd all be thrilled with that. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

No, just no.

No, you don't.  I think its a good policy to think ahead.   And since the future is what this team is all about I  think Elias will be planning ahead also.  It really does not matter how the O's acquires a player.   It matters how they develop and perform.

Here are some Rule 5 players from the past and even current:

Bobby Bonilla, George Bell, Johan Santana José Bautista , Shane Victorino , Josh Hamilton, R.A. Dickey, Darren O'Day, Ender Inciarte and Joakim Soria.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

No, you don't.  I think its a good policy to think ahead.   And since the future is what this team is all about I  think Elias will be planning ahead also.  It really does not matter how the O's acquires a player.   It matters how they develop and perform.

Here are some Rule 5 players from the past and even current:

Bobby Bonilla, George Bell, Johan Santana José Bautista , Shane Victorino , Josh Hamilton, R.A. Dickey, Darren O'Day, Ender Inciarte and Joakim Soria.

Roberto Clemente says hello.