vs. ROYALS, 8/02

OFFNY

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Never commit to a major expenditure of funds over one night.  ;)

Not even nine innings into the relationship and you want to put a ring on it.

He walked the leadoff guy.   Forget it, we don't want the bum.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Would Ubaldo's contract be reasonable?

This makes me think about what we do with Tillman.  I think this year is an injury-driven anomaly, but his value has certainly taken a hit and there's no doubt that he's a riskier proposition than he was a season ago.

Perhaps we offer him a three year deal with relatively low AAV and an opt out after the second year (for him to be able to rebuild his value and capitalize)?  We have to QO him wither way, right?

What does this mean for Hellickson?  Nothing really.  Just got me thinking about other pitchers who have deals coming up.  Hellickson could be a good bridge guy for the back end of the rotation to some of the guys down on the farm.

Just now, TheDirtyBird said:

Does it mean were not getting into scoring position nearly as often as others?

Could be

Just now, schittenden said:

I think you have to look at it as the percentage of runners that get into scoring position that are left on base. 

Yeah.

But the absolute spread is surprisingly small between Texas' 2.98 and Cleveland's 3.96. I suspect efficacy at RISP is not a big component of offensive production.

1 minute ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

This makes me think about what we do with Tillman.  I think this year is an injury-driven anomaly, but his value has certainly taken a hit and there's no doubt that he's a riskier proposition than he was a season ago.

Perhaps we offer him a three year deal with relatively low AAV and an opt out after the second year (for him to be able to rebuild his value and capitalize)?  We have to QO him wither way, right?

What does this mean for Hellickson?  Nothing really.  Just got me thinking about other pitchers who have deals coming up.  Hellickson could be a good bridge guy for the back end of the rotation to some of the guys down on the farm.

I wouldn't QO Tillman.

Archived