Friday nights at the horror show

Frobby

The O's haven't won a Friday night game since June 2.    They are 0-10 since then.     The last two have involved blown saves by Givens and Brach.   One involved Gausman blowing a 6-0 lead.    Another involved O'Day surrendering a 3-run homer in the 10th.

Not part of the streak was blowing a 9-1 lead against the Yankees on a Friday night.  

I've had a lot of weekends getting off to a lousy start.    

34 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I always liked the black jersey but maybe it's a jinx?

I'd love it if they retired those for awhile. And the "O's" cap. Try out the Angry Bird. Hey, it worked for the resurrection of the cartoon bird. No losing seasons since. Yes, it's superstition, but superstition has a long history in the game. Players dare not jinx a no-hitter or perfect game by talking about it, do they?

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The O's haven't won a Friday night game since June 2.    They are 0-10 since then.     The last two have involved blown saves by Givens and Brach.   One involved Gausman blowing a 6-0 lead.    Another involved O'Day surrendering a 3-run homer in the 10th.

Not part of the streak was blowing a 9-1 lead against the Yankees on a Friday night.  

I've had a lot of weekends getting off to a lousy start.    

Wow Frobby I didn't realize the O's haven't won a Friday Night game since June 2nd. 

40 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I'd love it if they retired those for awhile. And the "O's" cap. Try out the Angry Bird. Hey, it worked for the resurrection of the cartoon bird. No losing seasons since. Yes, it's superstition, but superstition has a long history in the game. Players dare not jinx a no-hitter or perfect game by talking about it, do they?

Players do have a lot of superstitions. 

9 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

We won the AL division title wearing black. Don't knock the black jerseys...i have three of them signed by Manny, Britton, and Schoop(All Star jersey)up for auction on OH. Check them out...Its for a great cause....Its not the jerseys...its the players wearing them...

I like the black jerseys. 

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

You are correct sir! The cartoon bird hat is the ONLY hat that has ever been worn in our World Series titles...lets stay with that..and stay away from any other logo..

Was the bird on the cap in the 1950's? I sure can't remember. 

Archived