57 HR in August by the O's

Natty

29 minutes ago, Natty said:

New MLB record .  Beats our old record of 55 set last year. 

No.   The record for homers in a month is 58, by the 1987 Orioles (May) and 1999 Mariners (also May).   57 is a record for August, and last year the Orioles set the record for June (56).     

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

No.   The record for homers in a month is 58, by the 1987 Orioles (May) and 1999 Mariners (also May).   57 is a record for August, and last year the Orioles set the record for June (56).     

That's what I meant...MLB record for most homers in Aug. Last year we also set the record for most hr in Aug with 55. 

1 hour ago, Il BuonO said:

There is no evidence to support more HRs is indicative of a championship team. Where is Drungo when he's needed? I'm driving, someone help me out. 

You have to use the Drungo Signal.  Take a searchlight and cover it with a piece of construction paper cut into the shape of Don Buford's face.

1 hour ago, Barnaby Graves said:

You have to use the Drungo Signal.  Take a searchlight and cover it with a piece of construction paper cut into the shape of Don Buford's face.

Nice, but I was thinking more along the lines of any of the WS Giant teams or the Royals. Drungo would probably have referenced someone more obscure than Buford, but I like the imagery.

The offense is seriously on fire. Pitching has been pretty good too. The month by month numbers are pretty staggering. We were one of the best teams in baseball in April and August, but one of the worst May-June-July. If we can stay hot in September it might be just barely enough.

Archived