June 7th vs Blue Jays

baltosravns2110

He's not Trash, he's Steve Trachsel. That said, I hope he gives up 4 or 5 runs so they can just get it over with and release him already.

Yup! I think it's sad that people bash him when he's been nothing but classy for us.

I think this whole thing all comes down to DT having respect for the game and the veterans who have played it. AM too maybe. Bottom line is, I just don't think they feel right about just balling players up and tossing them in the trash can.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup! I think it's sad that people bash him when he's been nothing but classy for us.

I think this whole thing all comes down to DT having respect for the game and the veterans who have played it. AM too maybe. Bottom line is, I just don't think they feel right about just balling players up and tossing them in the trash can.

I Like traschel and i would like him to do well, but at some point no matter how classy someone has been, if they are not playing well, you have to say enough is enough.

Eh, tact is good but business is business. If a guy isn't performing, DFAing him is not rude, it's business. If they like having him around they should just, in all seriousness, make him a bullpen coach. If there's some freak rash of injuries he could always come back out of retirement.

Hey! What's wrong with you guys? I don't want him pitching either, but that's no reason to be eating your gun just because he gets in a tight spot.

He got out of it just fine. I don't want to see him pitch anymore, but he got of it just fine.

LOL. I turned off the game for a minute and Trachsel got out of it.

I always knew I was a jinx. :D

I Like traschel and i would like him to do well, but at some point no matter how classy someone has been, if they are not playing well, you have to say enough is enough.

Yes, I agree that there is a point where that's the case. However, DT is a man of his word. That's why he's given Payton opportunity, and that's why he's not getting rid of Trachsel immediately. He's giving him a shot at the BP. If he's as bad there as he was in the rotation, i'm sure everyone's wish will be granted.

There's a double edged sword to DT demanding the respect of the clubhouse and having a ball club with great chemistry.

Archived